The Concert Thread

Going to try and make it down to Birmingham for Cory Branan this Thursday.....I've seen him 9 or 10 times over the past decade, he's stayed at my house, but I've never seen him with a full band....pretty damned excited

didnt make this show

Edited by birdwell

• 1 month later...

Gonna catch Boston (or what's left of them) Saturday May 6th....really damn excited about it.  Boston is the first music I remember hearing as a child that I got excited about...they're the first band I was ever into.  Tom Scholz has been a hero of mine since I was a child...Really jazzed to finally see him play.  Without Brad and Sib it'll be lackluster I'm sure....still jazzed to see Tom play though.

Edited by birdwell

16 hours ago, birdwell said:

Gonna catch Boston (or what's left of them) Saturday May 6th....really damn excited about it.  Boston is the first music I remember hearing as a child that I got excited about...they're the first band I was ever into.  Tom Scholz has been a hero of mine since I was a child...Really jazzed to finally see him play.  Without Brad and Sib it'll be lackluster I'm sure....still jazzed to see Tom play though.

I saw them about 10 years back at a state fair and it was a lot of fun.  Honestly, not missing much with Brad gone.  He couldn't hit any of the high notes anymore and didn't have much stamina, so they had a second lead singer on stage doing most of the work.  He was mostly just there so that they could say he was.

Next one for me is Mark Lanegan Band at London Koko in June or July. No doubt with Lyenn and Duke Garwood supporting as both acts normally make up part of his touring band. 

Duke Garwood bores me to tears but I love Lyenn. Not seen a bad Lanegan show yet.

Edited by Stress On The Sky

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

Another solid weekend:

Friday - Ryan Adams & Jenny Lewis

Saturday - Jimmy Eat World & Beach Slang

Sunday - Say Anything, Bayside, Reggie & The Full Effect

@marc32137 that's awesome, I would love to see Hollywood Babble-On or Jay & Silent Bob Get Old live.

I saw Get Old live a few years ago when they came here and I got to play Let Us Fuck with Mewes. That was a fun experience.

I feel like I should post here more often. Does anyone use that concertarchives website someone posted on here a while back? I love it.

The last few days for me. Friday - Shaky Knees Fest - Went for Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Fidlar, Pixies, and Pup. Saw some other bands I really didn't care for. Left early to go see Whores. and Wrong (members of Torche). After that went to Shaky Knees Late Night show with The Bronx. Real solid day of music.

Saturday - Started off with Mariachi el Bronx at Shaky Knees. Then more music I didn't care for. Then Shaky Knees late night show with Pup and Prawn. Another killer show.

Sunday - Shaky Knees - The Arkells, Third Eye Blind, The Shins etc.

Tonight - New Found Glory and Trash Boat. Didn't think Trash Boat was anything special and New Found Glory was playing 2 of my least favorite albums from them.

Tomorrow - Pears with some of my friends opening and X. Hopefully set time will be staggered and I'll be able to catch both.

Oh, Link to my concertarchives page. http://www.concertarchives.org/shenanigans

Edited by shenanigans

8 hours ago, shenanigans said:

I feel like I should post here more often. Does anyone use that concertarchives website someone posted on here a while back? I love it.

My memory sucks, so this site is huge for me.

http://www.concertarchives.org/lastwordspoken

8 hours ago, shenanigans said:

Sunday - Shaky Knees - The Arkells, Third Eye Blind, The Shins etc.

The Arkells are one band that I really can't get into their recorded music, but they are a lot of fun live. Seen them a few times opening shows and was entertained each time.

3 hours ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

The Arkells are one band that I really can't get into their recorded music, but they are a lot of fun live. Seen them a few times opening shows and was entertained each time.

Was my first time seeing them. Don't know that I'd go to a show specifically to see them but they were good.

Edited by shenanigans

2 hours ago, Tidal Wave said:

Damn, you stay busy. 

Do you have a ticket hookup or good paying job?

So this is out of the norm for me. I usually go to a show or two a month. Not 4 a week. In high school and college i worked at a record store/school radio station so i woul get free or discounted tickets. 

To be fair the cost of the three other shows is less than my chris rock ticket. I decided to splurge as i a) have never seen him and b ) probably will not get the chance to again.