The Concert Thread

12 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

So this is out of the norm for me. I usually go to a show or two a month. Not 4 a week. In high school and college i worked at a record store/school radio station so i woul get free or discounted tickets. 

To be fair the cost of the three other shows is less than my chris rock ticket. I decided to splurge as i a) have never seen him and b ) probably will not get the chance to again. 

I think that's a good call. He is in my top 3 and would have no problem shelling out big bucks. 

On 6/1/2017 at 3:20 PM, nancy_raygun said:

Won box seats to Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers tomorrow night thru work

I just wanted to let you guys know, easily one of the top 5 shows I've ever seen.  I'm not really a Tom Petty fan, I just knew him from the radio and as Lucky from King of the Hill, but holy shit.

Dont skip on Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers if you get the chance, their live show is incredible.

7 hours ago, nancy_raygun said:

I just wanted to let you guys know, easily one of the top 5 shows I've ever seen.  I'm not really a Tom Petty fan, I just knew him from the radio and as Lucky from King of the Hill, but holy shit.

Dont skip on Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers if you get the chance, their live show is incredible.

Glad to bear you enjoyed it. Tom and the boys always put on a great show.

On 6/3/2017 at 1:51 AM, nancy_raygun said:

I saw Tom Petty 3 times between 2005-2006. Dude seriously puts on a hell of a fucking show. I'm really bummed that when he came here 2-3 years ago tickets were quadruple the price and I'm bummed his stop here on this tour is at Mountain Jam. The venue he usually plays here is like 20 minutes from me. Mt Jam is a couple hours...and it's also Mt Jam and fuck that shit forever.

9 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

Went to the Dead and Co on Sunday at Fenway Park.

Holy hell that was amazing. People were drinking and smoking/doing nitrous balloons right on Brookline Ave and Yawkey Way. Never seen anything like it.

About 10 years ago I told some dude selling nitrous balloons near Fenway (some side street...I'm not from there I dunno...but less than a block from the stadium) "Hey man, there's some cops headed this way" and he ran off with his tank and like 4 people's money. 

Those people started to get aggressive with me until like 30 seconds later a couple cops turned the corner.

Hitting up 4 festivals and  5 shows in the next 5 months;

July 20 -- The Rocket Summer -- Austin

July 29 -- This Wild Life -- Austin

Aug 12-13 -- Traveler's Rest -- Missoula

Aug 26 -- Simple Plan -- Austin

Sept 14-16 -- Riot Fest -- Chicago

Sept 30 -- Ms. Lauryn Hill/NAS -- Austin

Oct 13-15 -- ACL Fest -- Austin

Oct 26 -- Blues Traveler -- Austin

Nov 10-12 -- SOS Fest -- Austin