The Concert Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Sept. 14 - Blink-182 New Braunfels, TX

Sept. 19 - Pick of Destiny Q/A - will go from this to the Touche Amore show a couple blocks away - Austin, TX

Sept. 29 - NAS - San Antonio, TX

October 1 - The Early November/The Movielife -  Austin, TX

Oct. 5 - Ryan Adams -  Austin, TX

Oct. 6 - Run the Jewels -  Austin, TX

Oct. 12 - Car Seat Headrest -  Austin, TX

Oct. 13-15 - ACL Fest -  Austin, TX

Oct. 21 - Turnover -  Austin, TX

Oct. 23 - mewithoutYou -  Austin, TX

Oct. 26 - Blues Traveler -  Austin, TX

Oct. 31 - TWIABP -  Austin, TX

Nov. 10-12 Sound on Sound Fest - McDade, TX

Nov. 19 - Slaughter Beach, Dog -  Austin, TX

Nov. 24 - Aaron West and the Roaring Twenties -  Austin, TX

Dec. 18 - Julien Baker -  Austin, TX

On 9/4/2017 at 7:06 PM, marc32137 said:

Green Day was fucking amazing last night. Billie Joe is such a showman and he had the crowd in the palm of his hand. Only bummer was nothing from Insomniac was played.

Insomniac is their best album for sure. Anything from 1,039 or kerplunk played? Their Facebook live set of only older songs to raise money for Houston was awesome. One of my lies, Christie road, lots of good stuff. 

1 hour ago, PigeonsPlayingWhatNow said:

Insomniac is their best album for sure. Anything from 1,039 or kerplunk played? Their Facebook live set of only older songs to raise money for Houston was awesome. One of my lies, Christie road, lots of good stuff. 

2000 Light Years Away and Knowledge. And yes, that Facebook set was so fun to watch. 

7 hours ago, PigeonsPlayingWhatNow said:

Nice! I've seen em 7 or 8 times. Dopapod is my favorite though, seen them 18 times I think. I'm sure you've heard of them

Saw Dopapod three times. 

FYI there are decent threads for phish and the dead but that's where jam ends on these boards. 

2 hours ago, Tidal Wave said:

Saw Dopapod three times. 

FYI there are decent threads for phish and the dead but that's where jam ends on these boards. 

TBH I don't really like the dead or phish. I like the newer jam. But I had assumed that's where it ends, I'll go back to the "normal" genres for VC hah

10 hours ago, PigeonsPlayingWhatNow said:

Nice! I've seen em 7 or 8 times. Dopapod is my favorite though, seen them 18 times I think. I'm sure you've heard of them

Just read that they are taking a break from touring in 2018. They still have their fall tour with the motet scheduled though. 

2 hours ago, Tidal Wave said:

Just read that they are taking a break from touring in 2018. They still have their fall tour with the motet scheduled though. 

Just read the same thing. I'm kinda bummed but they deserve it. I'll get to see em two more times before they take a break. Have you heard Elephant Wrecking Ball? It's the drummers side project. 3 piece, drums, bass and trombone. Saw them at a tiny tiny club the other week and they were absolutely fantastic. 

8 minutes ago, PigeonsPlayingWhatNow said:

Just read the same thing. I'm kinda bummed but they deserve it. I'll get to see em two more times before they take a break. Have you heard Elephant Wrecking Ball? It's the drummers side project. 3 piece, drums, bass and trombone. Saw them at a tiny tiny club the other week and they were absolutely fantastic. 

I haven't heard of them but will check them out. Planning on catching the Chicago show on the fall tour. 

Saw U2 in Kansas City a few nights ago - they're my all time favorite act, especially to see live, and I've seen them 10 or so times over as many years...this most recent show really blew me away. They hadn't played this tight in years! Just really locked it in and delivered. This was my third Joshua Tree Anniversary show and very easily the best.

I also work in a venue so I'm seeing shows most nights - coming up in the next week, we'll have Jonny Lang, JJ Grey & Mofro, Dale Watson, and a few others I'm excited about.

Edited by gracetoo

On 9/4/2017 at 4:06 PM, marc32137 said:

Green Day was fucking amazing last night. Billie Joe is such a showman and he had the crowd in the palm of his hand. Only bummer was nothing from Insomniac was played.

I saw them last night and they played Armatage Shanks, I went nuts

• 2 weeks later...

I can't find the original thread... but is the dude from Concert Archives still on here?

He really needs to open it up to donations to get a better server. I love the service, but the  "Application Error" or "We're sorry, but something went wrong." messages are way too often and brutal.

Edited by Snaggle Von Swift

• 1 month later...

Saw King Buffalo open for All Them Witches on Friday. First time seeing ATW and second for KB. KB was amazing and significantly better than the last time which was already a great show. Missed some of ATW as we ran back out to the car between sets, but they were waaaay better live than the studio stuff I'd checked out in anticipation of the show. I'll have to see if I can find some live stuff from them. I highly recommend checking it out if they're in your town.

Nov 7 Tue The Foundry Philadelphia, PA

Nov 8 Wed Music Hall of Williamsburg Brooklyn, NY

Nov 9 Thu HIGHER GROUND SHOWCASE LOUNGE South Burlington, VT

Nov 10 Fri Theatre Fairmount Montréal, Canada

Nov 11 Sat Lee's Place Toronto, Canada

Nov 12 Sun Bug Jar Rochester, NY

Nov 14 Tue Ace Of Cups Columbus, OH

Nov 15 Wed Hi Fi Indianapolis, IN

Nov 16 Thu The Mill Iowa City, IA

Nov 17 Fri Turf Club St Paul, MN

Nov 18 Sat The Back Room At Colectivo Coffee Milwaukee, WI

Nov 19 Sun Buzzbin Shop Canton, OH

Saw LCD Soundsystem tonight, fantastic show as always. 

hHiUBsQl.jpg

Except for the extremely drunk 30-somethings next to me, the woman screaming about how it's her boyfriend's birthday repeatedly and shoving people around to get where she wanted to be then calling them a c u next tuesday...  and the guy reminding me multiple times that that's James fucking Murphy on stage, because he wanted to make sure I appreciate it. Thanks man.