The Concert Thread

Riot Fest weekend was fannnnnnntastic, even though I really feel my age right now. Saw 23 bands during the festival. Saw Thursday at a small club late Saturday night, and then saw Motion City Soundtrack play their final show last night. They played from 11:55pm-2:20am. Flew back to Philly this morning and have been dead all day.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit Brigade (doing Mega Man II) this past Monday

Jason Isbell and Josh Ritter last night

Nada Surf Saturday 

(maybe Jacuzzi Boys this Sunday)

Andrew Bird this coming Tuesday

Russian Circles and Helms Alee this coming Wednesday

Edited by birdwell

Shit last week was ridiculous, Die Antwoord on Monday, Touché Amoré on Wednesday, Mac Miller on Thursday, then Ozzfest meets Knotfest during the weekend. All shows were good except Ozzfest traffic was a bitch, didn't get to see any of the festival bands because of it and we had to stay in the parking lot 3 hours after the show ended cause traffic wasn't moving. Run down of the band's I saw

Ozzfest

Rival Sons: Eh 

Black Label Society: Unfortunately their sound was bad.

Opeth: Only 5 songs but they did Heir Apparent and Diliverance so all was well.

Megadeth: Really good set, played all the jams.

Disturbed: Also really good set, but I don't really care for their Sound of Silence cover, but I definitely got down with the sickness.

Black Sabbath: Unfortunately this was the worst time I've seen them (this was my 3rd) Ozzy was not on point vocally.

Knotfest

Sabaton: Cheesy good fun.

Whitechapel: They need to start playing songs off their self titled because I don't care for some of the newer stuff.

Motionless in White: I don't like this band in general but their sound was really bad with a full 1 second latency, so I feel bad for them.

Trivium: Also horrible sound, way too much mids in the mix and way to loud, they played the jams though.

Anthrax: Took way too long to set up for a mediocre set.

Amon Amarth: I forgot how good these guys are, they played nothing but great songs and had the best stage shows, with their viking ship and an actual viking fight.

Slayer: Good festival set from them, they did The Antichrist and He'll Awaits so I was happy.

Slipknot: Only did Iowa and I'm not even a fan of them so it was kinda lame since they didn't do a single song I know by them.

On 10/9/2016 at 1:21 AM, Reshiram454 said:

I saw Devin Townsend with Between the Buried and Me and Fallujah the other night. Devin was awesome lI've, BTBAM only did Coma Ecliptic which bummed me out since I love Alaska and Colors, and Fallujah was really good as well.

Friend of mine came to the AZ date but I couldn't make it. Keep missing Fallujah :c

On 10/9/2016 at 1:21 AM, Reshiram454 said:

I saw Devin Townsend with Between the Buried and Me and Fallujah the other night. Devin was awesome lI've, BTBAM only did Coma Ecliptic which bummed me out since I love Alaska and Colors, and Fallujah was really good as well.

Friend of mine came to the AZ date but I couldn't make it. Keep missing Fallujah :c

5 hours ago, Holo said:

I'd recommend seeing Fallujah headline if possible, hopefully they'll do a tour next year, they're rad live and they had a female vocalist come out and do all the songs from Dreamless.

my next month is pretty solid:

10/12 - Sum 41/Senses Fail in Philly

10/13 - Descendents/Fucked Up/Night Birds in Philly

10/15 - CHVRCHES in NYC

10/16 - The Joy Formidable in Philly

10/21 - Joyce Manor in Philly

10/22 - Taylor Swift in Austin, TX

10/23 - Henry Rollins (Spoken Word)

10/27 - Rehasher in Gainesville, FL

10/28 - Fest

10/29 - Fest

10/30 - Fest