Mogwai - Rave Tapes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The box set is up for pre-order on Sub Pop. $80 + shipping. There's also a t-shirt bundle for an additional $8.

http://www.subpop.com/releases/mogwai/full_lengths/rave_tape_deluxe_box_set

It's also up on Amazon UK for £56.07 + shipping. I imagine shipping is cheaper in the UK through Amazon than it is via Sandbag (Mogwai's shop)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GMVBJC4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So far, the SubPop boxset seems to be the complete version as it has all the bonus tracks (both the 7" and the 12").

Will skip though, $120 shipped for couple more songs is too much. That Loser edition with the 7" will do just fine.

Wonder if all this would have been more affordable and complete in a Gatefold with the album LP and a bonus 12" with all bonus tracks including that studio photo book as a booklet...

This set sounds cool, but not "$80 cool". That $80 could buy me almost all the other Mogwai albums I'm missing.

Yeah, the album plus 7" should be good enough for me. I need most of their EPs still so I will just put the money towards that.

• 2 weeks later...

Sub Pop's got a sale going right now where if your order is over $20 you get 20% off. Looks like it works for preorders too. 

The deluxe set with UPS Three-Day shipping comes out to $71 PPD, so if you already ordered, you might want to cancel and reorder, or see if you can get a price adjustment.

I ordered the Rave Tapes T-shirt bundle, plus a No Age 7" and it came to $34.78 PPD. Basically, the discount just covered shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazon finally put up a stateside version of the new album:

http://www.amazon.com/Rave-Tapes-Mogwai/dp/B00GTO6YME/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387224878&sr=8-1&keywords=rave+tapes+vinyl

When I searched for it last week all I could find was the import that was going for ~$150 and that was little too pricey for my taste.  $18 and some change is more like it :D

Isn't that the same version as Sub Pop's pre-order?

Unless they've sold out, Sub Pop's version is the Loser Edition.  It's colored vinyl with a bonus 7".  I'm fairly certain those are only available from Sub Pop and some indie stores, so the Amazon version will be whatever the standard retail is.