Funko Pop Vinyl Figures

4 hours ago, stl_ben said:

Not really a big shock these don't make it to sales floors some times.  I mean there is a Target worker about 10 posts up volunteering to get stuff for people.  Where as more entrepreneurial workers may decide to flip the items to supplement their minimum wage pay.  Heck I used to work at Hot Topic and lately wish I still did a few hours a week just to lay claim to some of these!

The only really valuable thing that Hot Topic gets now are chases and employees are strictly forbidden from buying them. (Although with the right manager, who knows)

Theres no real reason Vader should be hard to get. He isn't limited, so I'm thinking this is just a first wave with hype. I wouldn't be surprised if they get more. However I really wouldn't be surprised if they didn't at this point either. 

• 3 weeks later...

heeeey, selling a few funkos, let me know if youre interested in any and ill hook it up the best I can!

Behemoth (nightmare before Christmas)

Jack with Teddy (nightmare before Christmas)

Sally (nightmare before Christmas)

Robocop

Bruce Lee (bait exclusive/enter the dragon)

Nosferatu

Lily Munster

Herman Munster

Eddie Munster

Grandpa Munster

Iron Giant

Billy (Saw)

Alex DeLarge (Clockwork Orange)

Elvira

Ash (Army of Darkness)

Swamp Thing

Alien

Probably a n00b question, but how exactly do I get a "Chase" variant? 

I've only ever casually collected horror funkos, grabbed them on amazon or hot topic. But the shinning ones coming out in September are super cool! I'd love to get the Jack variant where he's frozen with snow on his face, but I have no idea how to go about tracking that down? Are there sites that sell them? Or sites that randomly insert them? How does it work?

39 minutes ago, kylet said:

I've only ever casually collected horror funkos, grabbed them on amazon or hot topic. But the shinning ones coming out in September are super cool! I'd love to get the Jack variant where he's frozen with snow on his face, but I have no idea how to go about tracking that down? Are there sites that sell them? Or sites that randomly insert them? How does it work?

Yea, that jack one is super cool but the best way to get a chase is in the wild because of the randomness and rush finding one. I think some chases are 1:6 or 1:10? And there are sites where if you order the bundle you have a good chance of scoring a chase and then some sites will have a straight up chase bundle of sell them individually for around $40. So it's like hopefully find one in the wild for regular price or bite the built and pay triple the price. And I'm sure I saw preorders for that jack chase for $40 on ebay.

I got lucky when I ordered all the Twin Peaks POP's from Hot Topic and got the "Giant" chase.  Too bad it was already after the fact that it was announced that the Giant would be getting a regular release anyways.  So I ended up having to reorder Leland again because I got the chase instead of him, lol.  And now it kind of drives me nuts that I have the Giant in a Leland box AND a Leland in a Leland box.

And yes, for the time being I keep my POP's in their boxes.  A lot more convenient for "stacking" sake.

13 hours ago, kylet said:

Best luck I had is ordering multiples on Amazon when they are first put up. i.e. Chases are currently 1 in 6, so I'll buy 6 with the hopes of getting 1 chase. It is not guaranteed though. I've ordered 6 and got 5 chases and ordered 6 and got 0. If you do this make sure you only buy from Amazon and not third party. Alternatively you can get close with someone at a store that sells them. The Hot Topic employees by me try to hook me up if its one I REALLY want.

9 hours ago, ditc586 said:

anyone stalking gamestop or Barnes on thursday? I will probably need some help getting some pops from these places

I'll be going to both along with Hot Topic. The ones I want are so spread out its gonna be a nightmare.

22 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Yea, that jack one is super cool but the best way to get a chase is in the wild because of the randomness and rush finding one. I think some chases are 1:6 or 1:10? And there are sites where if you order the bundle you have a good chance of scoring a chase and then some sites will have a straight up chase bundle of sell them individually for around $40. So it's like hopefully find one in the wild for regular price or bite the built and pay triple the price. And I'm sure I saw preorders for that jack chase for $40 on ebay.

Thanks for the help guys! From what I've read the chase variants for the shining are 1:6. I guess I'll call around a few local targets when these come out. Is there an exact date these hit shelfs? The funko blog says "august" but the amazon ship date is 9/22/17. Don't want to miss these if they are going to go fast!

14 hours ago, kylet said:

Thanks for the help guys! From what I've read the chase variants for the shining are 1:6. I guess I'll call around a few local targets when these come out. Is there an exact date these hit shelfs? The funko blog says "august" but the amazon ship date is 9/22/17. Don't want to miss these if they are going to go fast!

I don't think the jack chase will be a target exclusive and target is usually hard as shit to get exclusives at. I think you best bet is ordering like 6 or 7 of jack from amazon and then returning the non chases since amazon is easy on returns