Official Fantasy Football Advice

seangj

Reed was a great replacement for Jordan Cameron for me.  Gonna be hard moving forward to decide between the two.

I would NOT start Rashad Jennings this week vs. my Giants.  Giants have been awesome against the run game since we got Beason and Lindvall Joseph came back.  Kept Jamaal Charles in check, shut down AD, shut down Shady McCoy.... just can't see Rashad doing much against them at all.  Teams know they can throw on the Giants.

so in my keeper league we are keeping 4 next year. its extremely early, but right now i would probably keep

1st - mccoy

2nd - rice

3rd - gordon

4th - a. brown 

i also have 2 5th picks, do i try really hard to trade ray rice and my extra 5th round pick or do you think he bounces back next season.  the line will be a priority in the off-season it appears its his injured hip causing problems.  do i just try to free myself of him asap

i'm obviously looking at next season

so in my keeper league we are keeping 4 next year. its extremely early, but right now i would probably keep

1st - mccoy

2nd - rice

3rd - gordon

4th - a. brown

i also have 2 5th picks, do i try really hard to trade ray rice and my extra 5th round pick or do you think he bounces back next season. the line will be a priority in the off-season it appears its his injured hip causing problems. do i just try to free myself of him asap

i'm obviously looking at next season

I would try to dump Rice. Even if they fix the o line, he is not the same RB he was in the past. That injury seems to have taken its toll on him.

Which 2 do I sit? PPR.

Antonio Brown vs Detroit

Alshon Jeffrey vs Baltimore

Demariyus Thomas vs Kansas City

Riley Cooper vs Washington

Larry Fitzgerald vs Jacksonville

Great decision to have to make..

I'd probably sit Cooper and either Fitz or Alshon.  PPR you can't sit Antonio Brown, dude leads the league in receptions.  Demariyus can never be sat in my opinion.  Cooper is the riskiest I think, then it's a toss up between Alshon and Fitz.  Larry probably has the better matchup but either one is probably a good start.

Not really advice, but a funny story.

The other week in my league one of the guys near the bottom offered me a trade, AP for V. Cruz and my 1st round draft pick.  After making sure he wasn't drunk and was okay with the trade I agreed to it in priciple.  I even tacked on a RB to the trade as well.  While this was happening we were just waiting on the commish of the league to finalize the trading draft picks process.

He finalizes that so I go ahead and send the trade offer through that I had been offered.  It sat on the table for a week and a half and the guy didn't accept.  I e-mailed the guy a couple times asking about it and he never responded.  Meanwhile he had made another trade with the guy who was in second place (I was in first).

Without hearing anything back from him I said fuck it and took the trade offer off the table and moved on.

Fast forward to yesterday.  The guys in the league aren't that great with the internet and clearly don't know the difference between reply reply all.  The team in 2nd place responded to a message that the guy I was supposed to make the trade with.  He hit reply all.  In his message he said "Aren't you glad I talked you out of that trade now.  We don't want his team getting any better."  Then the trade dude responded (again with reply all) "Yeah, if you need any players to get into first let me know."

After seeing this I called them out for essentially cheating and called them petty and pathetic that they'd cheat at fantasy sports and quit.

Within an hour 3 other people agreed with me and quit the league.  Then last night the commish sent out an e-mail saying the league was done.

^ A part of this is that no fantasy sports league should allow the trading of future draft picks for current players. It works best on a year-by-year system. Dudes get bored, they move away, they get into fights, leagues die...It's not like the NFL with permanent teams and billions on the line where guys actually think through the consequences of every move they make on the next decade.

But that said, yeah -- bush league.

Not really advice, but a funny story.

The other week in my league one of the guys near the bottom offered me a trade, AP for V. Cruz and my 1st round draft pick.  After making sure he wasn't drunk and was okay with the trade I agreed to it in priciple.  I even tacked on a RB to the trade as well.  While this was happening we were just waiting on the commish of the league to finalize the trading draft picks process.

He finalizes that so I go ahead and send the trade offer through that I had been offered.  It sat on the table for a week and a half and the guy didn't accept.  I e-mailed the guy a couple times asking about it and he never responded.  Meanwhile he had made another trade with the guy who was in second place (I was in first).

Without hearing anything back from him I said fuck it and took the trade offer off the table and moved on.

Fast forward to yesterday.  The guys in the league aren't that great with the internet and clearly don't know the difference between reply reply all.  The team in 2nd place responded to a message that the guy I was supposed to make the trade with.  He hit reply all.  In his message he said "Aren't you glad I talked you out of that trade now.  We don't want his team getting any better."  Then the trade dude responded (again with reply all) "Yeah, if you need any players to get into first let me know."

After seeing this I called them out for essentially cheating and called them petty and pathetic that they'd cheat at fantasy sports and quit.

Within an hour 3 other people agreed with me and quit the league.  Then last night the commish sent out an e-mail saying the league was done.

You've got to playing with 3rd graders, right? Because I can't think of another reasonable excuse for someone to pull something like that. That's just ridiculous.

My league allowed Bilal Powell and Bernard Pierce for Calvin Johnson to go through this year. It was around week 2 or 3. Calvin was injured and Pierce/Powell had decent starts.

Still retarded. The guy who gave up Calvin is retarded and knows nothing about football. He's one of our good friends so we keep him in the league.

The reasoning for not vetoing was that some of the guys thought that the standard for vetoing trades is that "if there is no collusion, I won't veto. Trade rape is part of fantasy football and we aren't going to protect anyone". I see it differently, though. Veto is there to protect the league integrity, not the individual who made a stupid trade.

Now I'm just hoping that the dude who picked up Calvin doesn't make the playoffs so it is kind of a "no harm, no foul" situation. If he wins the league, I'm not going to ask for my money back or anything but I am putting an asterisk next to it in the league record book.