Official Fantasy Football Advice

seangj

Should be some interesting drafts next year.

Does Cam go as #1 QB?

Gurley #1 overall?

Who to take first of Brown, OBJ, and Julio?

How far does Luck fall in the QB pecking order?

Who gets burned this time with Doug Martin as a 1st round pick?

cam looked good. i'd take brown over gurley, OBJ, or julio. luck falls pretty far in my book. i drafted him with my second pick and dropped him before the playoffs. not personally gonna get burned, as no way i'll take doug martin first round.

I took Gurley in the third round this year. He's risky as a number one unless the Rams can find a passing attack. What happens with a guy like David Johnson or D'angelo Williams? They are #1 type backs, but they aren't #1 on their teams once everyone is healthy. But do they reduce the value of those number one backs like Bell and Chris Johnson?

• 11 months later...
13 hours ago, Tommy said:

Alright, fantasy playoffs 2nd round. I need to pick 3 WR. Who do you go with. 

Crowder vs CAR

Tyrell Williams vs OAK

Tyreek Hill vs TEN

Julian Edelman at DEN

Taylor Gabriel vs SF

My two cents are based purely on pass DEF.
Crowder, Hill, Williams.
The fact that the men on the throwing end are Rivers, Cousins and Smith are bonuses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
3 hours ago, Tommy said:

$100 FAAB Auction budget

My RBs are mediocre at best (T Coleman and B Powell). Thinking about throwing serious cash at Tarik Cohen. Worth it, how much? I was thinking $37

yikes! this site (https://fantasyteamadvice.com/week-2-waiver-wire-pickups-2017/) has Cohen at 21, but i've seen other people bidding 25-30.

37 seems a little high, but would probably ensure you get him. that's a rough pair of RBs.

2 hours ago, WAXXX said:

yikes! this site (https://fantasyteamadvice.com/week-2-waiver-wire-pickups-2017/) has Cohen at 21, but i've seen other people bidding 25-30.

37 seems a little high, but would probably ensure you get him. that's a rough pair of RBs.

yeah I had the 11/14 spot and had to take Jordy and Amari when they were in my lap, so my RB list in the 3rd round was pretty rough in a 12 man league.

I've seen guys go for $35 last year and I seem to have been outbid almost every week last year so i'm figuring what the hell, right?

Edited by Tommy

21 hours ago, Tommy said:

yeah I had the 11/14 spot and had to take Jordy and Amari when they were in my lap, so my RB list in the 3rd round was pretty rough in a 12 man league.

I've seen guys go for $35 last year and I seem to have been outbid almost every week last year so i'm figuring what the hell, right?

do it! i'm gonna scoop up Cohen with my 1st priority waiver pick this week. seems like it's usually the first few weeks of waiver wire grabs that really make or break your season.

44 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

do it! i'm gonna scoop up Cohen with my 1st priority waiver pick this week. seems like it's usually the first few weeks of waiver wire grabs that really make or break your season.

That's my thinking. I don't remember any huge pickups coming off the waiver wire past maybe week 4. At that point its just backup RBs as the RB1s get injured

• 5 weeks later...

Should i trade Devonta freeman for micheal thomas and duke johnson?!

I have Melvin gordon as rb2 and ingram and jerrick McKinnon on my bench. 

My receievers are : dez, tyreek hill, denante adams,  chris hogan and adam thielen.  

Micheal thomas makes this tempting as my receiving core is so-so

Ppr league. 

On 10/12/2017 at 9:27 AM, DafTyler said:

Should i trade Devonta freeman for micheal thomas and duke johnson?!

I have Melvin gordon as rb2 and ingram and jerrick McKinnon on my bench. 

My receievers are : dez, tyreek hill, denante adams,  chris hogan and adam thielen.  

Micheal thomas makes this tempting as my receiving core is so-so

Ppr league. 

That's a tough one, Duke is hot right now but I don't know if its going to stay. Freeman for Thomas is a pretty even trade (ppr wise).

I would say you should do it, mainly because your RB core is pretty good already, Ingram will get more touches with AP gone, and Jerrick is on the rise. You are basically getting 2 for 1. Plus, you know Thomas should be good for the season, RB's go down weekly

How many teams do you have, you team is stacked

Edited by Tommy

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

That's a tough one, Duke is hot right now but I don't know if its going to stay. Freeman for Thomas is a pretty even trade (ppr wise).

I would say you should do it, mainly because your RB core is pretty good already, Ingram will get more touches with AP gone, and Jerrick is on the rise. You are basically getting 2 for 1. Plus, you know Thomas should be good for the season, RB's go down weekly

How many teams do you have, you team is stacked

Yeah  I decided to go for it, hopefully it works out, its not a huge league, 10 teams.  I did  pretty well in the  draft and waivers.  

On 10/13/2017 at 11:25 AM, DafTyler said:

Yeah  I decided to go for it, hopefully it works out, its not a huge league, 10 teams.  I did  pretty well in the  draft and waivers.  

Last week's saints game was really odd. Hopefully it works out better for you this week. At least Freeman didn't do much either last week

5 hours ago, Tommy said:

Last week's saints game was really odd. Hopefully it works out better for you this week. At least Freeman didn't do much either last week

Yeah, I got really lucky this week, the guy i was up against needed only 6 points from hilton on monday night and didnt get it.

I think overall it was a fair trade.

Week 7 Line -Up for my two leagues:

Any insights greatly appreciated. 

League 1: 2-4

League 2: 3-3

League 1 Team: Non-PPR

QB: A. Smith

WR A. Green

WR L. Fitz

RB Elliot

RB Hunt

TE H. Henry

FLEX B. Cooks

D Saints

K M. Crosby

Bench:

D. Martin

J. Stewart

A. Kamara

T. Hill

W. Fuller

Ravens D/Chiefs D

League 2 Team: Non-PR

QB: Brady

WR C. Hogan

WR Jordy Nelson

RB Beast Mode (Had D. Cook as RB1)

RB A. Jones

TE C. Brate

FLEX R. Mathews

D Steelers

K M. Crosby

Bench:

J. Graham

D. Henry

T. Ginn

A. Collins

W. Fuller

M. Breida

N. Agholor

• 4 weeks later...

So the guy behind me in the standings (Im in 3rd and tied for 1st, he's in 4th.) I'm looking to upgrade WR in my .5 PPR league which currently I have Julio Jones, DT, and Marqius Lee starting. I have Alex Smith starting this week because its against the Giants however Dak has been my go to, unfortunately with Tyron Smith possibly/most likely out, I cant start him and risk a bad game.

I was offered Mike Evans for Dak and Forbath (I have Legatron and I would never have 2 kickers on a team, but I know he needs one and I played him last week.) Do I accept this trade? Deadline is at midnight. I want to upgrade WR but knowing Dak has to throw and use his legs more, plus the fact that Evans has a bad QB situation with Fitz throwing to him currently...Im a little hesitant. But I mean I have Alex Smith who is totally a QB1. Help me please.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so I'm completely fucked in my league.  I have Kamara and since he got hurt I need to hit on my running backs.   Who are you going with.  I need 2

Hunt vs. OAK

Howard vs. CIN

Drake vs. NE

G. Bernard vs. CHI

D. Henry vs. ARI

I have been rolling with Hunt and Howard obviously, but those dudes have been shit lately.

1 hour ago, aviolentworld said:

Ok so I'm completely fucked in my league.  I have Kamara and since he got hurt I need to hit on my running backs.   Who are you going with.  I need 2

Hunt vs. OAK

Howard vs. CIN

Drake vs. NE

G. Bernard vs. CHI

D. Henry vs. ARI

I have been rolling with Hunt and Howard obviously, but those dudes have been shit lately.

for this week i'd go hunt / drake.