The Beatles - White Album XONE.HUNDRED /450

Take a listen: https://soundcloud.com/dustandgrooves/white-album-side-1-x-100

Pretty damn cool. What's y'all opinions on this? Clearly infringement?

http://100whitealbums.tumblr.com

new hard-hitting evidence found here: http://i.imgur.com/OJmWLVA.jpg

Well, ignoring the fact that this is one of the best records in music history made by the best band ever walked this planet, the soundscape/atmospheric-shit starting at some point is better than 80% of the drone/atmosphere-shit people on this board are listening :D

Nevertheless, it sounds horrible...

I remember hearing about this months ago and hearing he wanted to do an LP to go with the "white album only record-store" art installation, I didn't think he'd actually have the audacity to go through with it though.

Art or not, this is still clearly infringement. And everyone knows his name too, not some faceless bootlegger. And now he's copying artwork and selling it too? I'm actually really tempted to buy this only because it will get shut down quicker than... I don't know what.

I wonder who's the mastering studio and pressing plant that actually allowed this project to go through.

I went and saw the installation earlier this year. Was interesting, but  I was skeptical that his idea of layering all of the artwork / audio on top of one another to create a monster version would actually reach pressing stage. Where does it say this is /800? The transition towards just ambient noise due to the drift is actually really beautiful.

It's like none of you have ever bought art for art sake.  For lovers of vinyl you seem to miss the point completely sometimes.

I bought this for the poster, kinda dope.

All the bitching about copyright infringement is rather funny as well.

What's what old chestnut about 'if people are bad mouthing it, it forces conversation thereby making it art.'

I don't know. I don't wish bad luck and misfortune on this guy, most people would rather give their dollar bills to an active band for new material than purchase a rather novelty record they'll listen to maybe twice. That doesn't make them monsters.

I went and saw the installation earlier this year. Was interesting, but  I was skeptical that his idea of layering all of the artwork / audio on top of one another to create a monster version would actually reach pressing stage. Where does it say this is /800? The transition towards just ambient noise due to the drift is actually really beautiful.

I give up and google image search isn't helping, what the heck is your sig gif dude? Haha

I don't wish poorly on the guy either but to think that apple would just let you sell what are essentially repressings of the entire white album, however unrecognizable it may be.... If this guy was selling even a half second snippet of the white album they'd be on his ass. This is like, all 90 minutes of it. Times 100.

I like this and the whole concept and I think it's cool, I wish I could've seen the installation. I'm just failing to see where this is okay from a legal standpoint.