Photo

Oldies.com HUGE clearance

• Please log in to reply
1560 replies to this topic

#841 OFFLINE   justindinealone

justindinealone
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

got a shipping notification, but have no idea if what i ordered actually shipped or not? i guess it'll be a surprise when it gets here

#842 ONLINE   DarkestPeru

DarkestPeru

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

refunded for the ones I did not receive... to my paypal...I honestly can say this has been a perfectly fine transaction from start to finish. I wish I could complain to boost my post count(see above) up but I cant.

Agreed.  Same for me with the refund.  So much impatience in this thread.  Pretty cray cray.

#843 OFFLINE   jacobraccuia

jacobraccuia
  • LocationCT

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

I ran out of down votes but I am coming back tomorrow to down vote you for saying cray cray.

#844 ONLINE   DarkestPeru

DarkestPeru

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

I ran out of down votes but I am coming back tomorrow to down vote you for saying cray cray.

Lol at you running out of down votes. 

PS.  Lick my balls.  Down vote that while you're at.

#845 OFFLINE   OLDIES.com

OLDIES.com
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA USA

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

Regarding the issuance of PayPal refunds for partial shipments... we have been actively processing and posting these refunds through PayPal.  As the order volume becomes more manageable on a daily basis, the window between shipment and refunding will reduce significantly (usually it happens the following business day).  Many outstanding PayPal refunds from last week's sale have been processed and posted within the last 24-48 hours.

As you're probably aware, we're just dealing with A LOT of orders.  If you have any Customer Service-related issues, just shoot us an e-mail at orders@oldies.com.  Response time during standard business hours is usually pretty quick.  We'll answer the best we can.

For those that have inquired about Wave #2, we'll probably come back with more in early December, as we're still "digging out" from this sale, and we have Black Friday/Cyber Monday/etc. right around the corner.  

Thanks again to all for the orders -- we appreciate your business.  To those disappointed, we are sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations, and will most certainly strive to do better the next time around. 

#846 OFFLINE   mcguirk

mcguirk
  • LocationWest Chester, PA

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

I think if orders were placed in a FIFO queue and picked appropriately then nobody would have a gripe. Nobody can complain that the e-commerce stocking system isn't perfect. That just seems to be the largest complaint.

#847 ONLINE   brantelg

brantelg

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

For those that have inquired about Wave #2, we'll probably come back with more in early December, as we're still "digging out" from this sale, and we have Black Friday/Cyber Monday/etc. right around the corner.  

Whoo!!!!!!!

Record list/Want list: https://deadformat.n...delist/brantelg

Looking to trade for the Fela Kuti Box Set 1: http://boards.vinylc...et-1-questlove/

#848 ONLINE   kess

kess

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

THE GODS HAVE SPOKEN

My Major Wants: If you have any of the following records and are willing to part with them, PLEASE hit me up so we can trade or I can buy it from you  :)

Architecture in Helsinki - Fingers Crossed // Action Bronson - Dr. Lecter // Coconut Records - Anything

Final Fantasy - Plays to Please // Guster - Ganging Up On The Sun // Kevin Devine - Put Your Ghost To Rest

The Good, The Bad & The Queen - S/T // I'm From Barcelona - Let Me Introduce My Friends

Kanye West - Late Orchestration (Not Registration) // Mutemath - S/T //  Nujabes - Anything 

of Montreal - Young Froth/Taypiss // Phoenix - United // Shpongle - Everything 

Sun Kil Moon - Ghosts and April // We Are Scientists - With Love And Squalor // Whitest Boy Alive - Dreams

#849 ONLINE   cwhit

cwhit
  • LocationCollege Park, MD

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

http://absolutepunk....d.php?t=3548461

jack is a fucking scumbag. but we knew that already, right?

#850 ONLINE   futurekills

futurekills
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

http://absolutepunk....d.php?t=3548461

jack is a fucking scumbag. but we knew that already, right?

Wowwwwwwwwww what a dick move.

Also, he said the same thing like 5 times in that little blurb.

I can't handle the comments on that website though.

- ashton // records

#851 OFFLINE   BillyA

BillyA

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

The amount of people who feel as though Oldies owes them something is crazy. So many people took advantage of the crazy good sale, and they are a small enough operation that they weren't prepared for it, so they handled it the best way that they could to get through it. I didn't get everything that I ordered, but that won't stop me from ordering from them in the future. Not to mention, I got a refund today for stuff that I didn't get, and I didn't file anything/contact anyone, they did it on their own. 

And seriously, screw AP.net.

WTB/WTTF: Brand New (OG YFW (black, clear), Jude Law 7", Deja), RAGC Trilogy (deluxe), Street Smart Cyclist 7", The Horrible Crowes - Behold the Hurricane 7", The Replacements - Twin Tone LPs Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise, Bad Books - s/t

" I'll never sleep with girls I met at the bar and have one night stands, but if a cute girl who I'm friends with wants to sit on my face, she can." - Teenage Eric

tumblr_mqjq0mDInB1qaa8d1o1_250.gif

#852 ONLINE   Baby Goose

Baby Goose
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

For real though, is it okay to feel bummed you didn't get something you thought you would? Yes, but that's life.

You're being refunded for what's missing, and what you got was for the most part half price or less.

Could it have been handled better? Sure.
Should you be upset about it? No.

And, just before someone calls me out or something, I got 2 of 7 things I ordered, and one wasn't even part of the sale. So I get the disappointment angle... But really. This could have gone much worse.

#853 ONLINE   cwhit

cwhit

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

Yeah, I don't understand it either. It appears that just because everyone knows a customer service rep, we should just excuse a horrible customer experience.

The laughable part is that I'm being called the bad guy for reporting on it.

I guess next time Pizza Hut delivers the wrong pizza, I'll go to r/pizza to receive my refund.

#854 OFFLINE   drewberinger

drewberinger
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

The amount of people who feel as though Oldies owes them something is crazy. So many people took advantage of the crazy good sale, and they are a small enough operation that they weren't prepared for it, so they handled it the best way that they could to get through it. I didn't get everything that I ordered, but that won't stop me from ordering from them in the future. Not to mention, I got a refund today for stuff that I didn't get, and I didn't file anything/contact anyone, they did it on their own. 

And seriously, screw AP.net.

we're not all bad!

#855 ONLINE   cwhit

cwhit

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

we're not all bad!

you're okay i guess

i mean i "was" there of course some of us are okay

#856 OFFLINE   televised

televised
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

Hi oldies! Ship my order my life is a pit of despair.

#857 ONLINE   kess

kess

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

I just checked the tracking of my shipment for the first time

Weight: 1.1lbs

I ordered 6 LPs

:(

My Major Wants: If you have any of the following records and are willing to part with them, PLEASE hit me up so we can trade or I can buy it from you  :)

Architecture in Helsinki - Fingers Crossed // Action Bronson - Dr. Lecter // Coconut Records - Anything

Final Fantasy - Plays to Please // Guster - Ganging Up On The Sun // Kevin Devine - Put Your Ghost To Rest

The Good, The Bad & The Queen - S/T // I'm From Barcelona - Let Me Introduce My Friends

Kanye West - Late Orchestration (Not Registration) // Mutemath - S/T //  Nujabes - Anything 

of Montreal - Young Froth/Taypiss // Phoenix - United // Shpongle - Everything 

Sun Kil Moon - Ghosts and April // We Are Scientists - With Love And Squalor // Whitest Boy Alive - Dreams

#858 OFFLINE   BillyA

BillyA

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

we're not all bad!

I have tended to agree with you more since people stopped talking about that last TWY record.

WTB/WTTF: Brand New (OG YFW (black, clear), Jude Law 7", Deja), RAGC Trilogy (deluxe), Street Smart Cyclist 7", The Horrible Crowes - Behold the Hurricane 7", The Replacements - Twin Tone LPs Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise, Bad Books - s/t

" I'll never sleep with girls I met at the bar and have one night stands, but if a cute girl who I'm friends with wants to sit on my face, she can." - Teenage Eric

tumblr_mqjq0mDInB1qaa8d1o1_250.gif

#859 ONLINE   futurekills

futurekills
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

we're not all bad!

I think you're the exception due to the fact that you don't seem to use AP as a soapbox like this Jack fella.

- ashton // records

#860 OFFLINE   Montauk_123

Montauk_123
  • LocationLos Angeles, Ca

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

Excited for Wave #2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users