#1 OFFLINE   gkersey

gkersey
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:42 AM

The Gaslight Anthem - The B-Sides
Street Date: 01/28/14
SRP: $15.98

CsvUEUQ.jpg

The B-Sides features 11 tracks recorded between 2008 and 2011 by The Gaslight Anthem. It includes the studio track “She Loves You,” are acoustic takes on some of the bands’ biggest songs, an inspired version of The Rolling Stones’ “Tumbling Dice,” sparse covers of songs by Fake Problems and Lightning Dust, a ripping live version of “State of Love and Trust” and more!

Track Listing
1. She Loves You
2. The ‘59 Sound (Acoustic)
3. State of Love and Trust (Live)
4. Tumbling Dice
5. The Queen of Lower Chelsea (Acoustic)
6. Songs for Teenagers
7. Great Expectations (Acoustic)
8. Antonia Jane (Acoustic)
9. American Slang (Acoustic)
10. Boxer (Acoustic)
11. Once Upon a Time

Also - comes with digital download.

#2 OFFLINE   BillyA

BillyA

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

I know that Brian had mentioned this in a radio interview I saw on youtube, but I really have to wonder how many tracks will be on there that weren't in the 7" singles set. 

WTB/WTTF: Brand New (OG YFW (black, clear), Jude Law 7", Deja), RAGC Trilogy (deluxe), The Horrible Crowes - Behold the Hurricane 7", The Replacements - Let it Be Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise, Bad Books - s/t

" I'll never sleep with girls I met at the bar and have one night stands, but if a cute girl who I'm friends with wants to sit on my face, she can." - Teenage Eric

tumblr_mqjq0mDInB1qaa8d1o1_250.gif

#3 OFFLINE   cwhit

cwhit
  • LocationCollege Park, MD

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

Also looks like they may be touring with JEW in the spring.

http://babcoentertai...ry[high_price]=

#4 OFFLINE   BillyA

BillyA

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:54 AM

That would be an awesome tour to see.

WTB/WTTF: Brand New (OG YFW (black, clear), Jude Law 7", Deja), RAGC Trilogy (deluxe), The Horrible Crowes - Behold the Hurricane 7", The Replacements - Let it Be Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise, Bad Books - s/t

" I'll never sleep with girls I met at the bar and have one night stands, but if a cute girl who I'm friends with wants to sit on my face, she can." - Teenage Eric

#5 OFFLINE   bermudanc94

bermudanc94
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

So this is basically an LP of all the 7" singles for people who didn't way to pay for/couldn't afford the box set? A bit weird but also kinda cool so I won't have to stand there flipping 7"s constantly. 

Wants: The Gaslight Anthem

Kevin Devine - Put Your Ghost to Rest

Anberln - New Surrender

As I Lay Dying - An Ocean Between Us

UnderOATH - Define the Great Line

My Collection

#6 OFFLINE   bermudanc94

bermudanc94
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

I know that Brian had mentioned this in a radio interview I saw on youtube, but I really have to wonder how many tracks will be on there that weren't in the 7" singles set. 

You got a link to that interview?

Anberln - New Surrender

My Collection

#7 OFFLINE   BillyA

BillyA

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:03 AM

I saw that a while ago, I really don't even remember which station it was. Brian said something in it (half jokingly) about how they were compiling a bunch of b-sides to release on something like this. 

#8 OFFLINE   TheWindBlower

TheWindBlower
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

Best news I've heard all day.

http://deadformat.ne...t/TheWindBlower

Want

I Am The Avalanche - I Am The Avalanche (Any Variant)

#9 OFFLINE   BillyA

BillyA

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

Actually.  it's pretty far in, around the 13 minute mark. Like I said, he says it jokingly.

#10 ONLINE   Troy plays bass

Troy plays bass
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:30 AM

That is a tour I would attend without a second thought.

#11 OFFLINE   Bear Chylls

Bear Chylls
  • LocationHammock

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

Hope that this comes to Philadelphia, though they've both been here somewhat recently, so the likelihood is slim.

#12 OFFLINE   booms528

booms528
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

Can someone explain how to read that site?  I understand that the fact they have Gaslight and JEW together as one entry indicates a tour is in the works, but do the date ranges mean anything about if people are actually going to tour vs. just not having anything going on, or anything like that?

#13 OFFLINE   cwhit

cwhit
  • LocationCollege Park, MD

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

Can someone explain how to read that site?  I understand that the fact they have Gaslight and JEW together as one entry indicates a tour is in the works, but do the date ranges mean anything about if people are actually going to tour vs. just not having anything going on, or anything like that?

The fact it says tour package makes me pretty positive that it'll be happening. Especially since the Used/TBS one is on there as well.

#14 OFFLINE   adamhudson

adamhudson
  • LocationSouthern Califonia

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

I hope Our Father's Sons from their iTune's session is on there. One of my absolute favorite GLA tracks. If they don't put it on this b-sides, I doubt it will ever be pressed.

"...but Summer Glau is in it and I would totally shoot my Martian laser into her woolly mammoth." - Flicker

www.deadformat.net/tradelist/xahhx

www.xahhx.tumblr.com

#15 OFFLINE   bermudanc94

bermudanc94
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

I hope Our Father's Sons from their iTune's session is on there. One of my absolute favorite GLA tracks. If they don't put it on this b-sides, I doubt it will ever be pressed.

Right there with you on this. I wish they'd just press the entire iTunes session. It's so good! Plus Our Father's Sons is such a great track yet hardly anyone knows it because it's only on the iTunes session and there's a 2008 demo of it for some compilation album. But if someone bootlegged a festival performance from 2008 then I'm sure someone can figure out how to do it with this, right?

Anberln - New Surrender

My Collection

#16 OFFLINE   bermudanc94

bermudanc94
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

Actually.  it's pretty far in, around the 13 minute mark. Like I said, he says it jokingly.

Oh yeah, I liked this interview. But this was long enough ago that I want to assume the B sides album idea turned into the box set. But I'm totally down for having this on an LP as well. Anything Gaslight and I'm gonna want it. 

Anberln - New Surrender

My Collection

#17 OFFLINE   knifeparty

knifeparty
  • LocationParts Unknown

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

The fact it says tour package makes me pretty positive that it'll be happening. Especially since the Used/TBS one is on there as well.

Also it was a list like this that led people to finding out about the Alkaline Trio/New Found Glory tour that happened.  I am trying to not get my hopes up too high just in case though.

#18 OFFLINE   idreamofpunk

idreamofpunk
  • LocationDayton, OH

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

FUCK.

Come ON.

28. Transgender. Anxiety. Depression. Dysphoria. All the good stuff went into this one.

Tumblarghlglebargle
My Records
My Transition Blog (yeah, I had to make one and sporadically update it. All the cool trans girls have 'em, why can't I?.)

Wants: AM! - any color copies of LPs I don't have, Mondo Soundtrack Releases I don't have, Fake Problems test pressings

#19 OFFLINE   jerseypride

jerseypride
  • LocationNYC

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

Like the singles box set, this is SideOneDummy cashing in on their remaining Gaslight properties. Makes good business sense.

#20 ONLINE   CoffeexZombie

CoffeexZombie
  • LocationMid Michigan

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

I hope their cover of Skinny Love will make it on this as well...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users