COMING SOON: Gaslight Anthem - B-Sides LP

gmoney

The Gaslight Anthem - The B-Sides

Street Date: 01/28/14

SRP: $15.98

CsvUEUQ.jpg

The B-Sides features 11 tracks recorded between 2008 and 2011 by The Gaslight Anthem. It includes the studio track “She Loves You,” are acoustic takes on some of the bands’ biggest songs, an inspired version of The Rolling Stones’ “Tumbling Dice,” sparse covers of songs by Fake Problems and Lightning Dust, a ripping live version of “State of Love and Trust” and more!

Track Listing

1. She Loves You

2. The ‘59 Sound (Acoustic)

3. State of Love and Trust (Live)

4. Tumbling Dice

5. The Queen of Lower Chelsea (Acoustic)

6. Songs for Teenagers

7. Great Expectations (Acoustic)

8. Antonia Jane (Acoustic)

9. American Slang (Acoustic)

10. Boxer (Acoustic)

11. Once Upon a Time

Also - comes with digital download.

Hope that this comes to Philadelphia, though they've both been here somewhat recently, so the likelihood is slim.

Can someone explain how to read that site?  I understand that the fact they have Gaslight and JEW together as one entry indicates a tour is in the works, but do the date ranges mean anything about if people are actually going to tour vs. just not having anything going on, or anything like that?

Can someone explain how to read that site?  I understand that the fact they have Gaslight and JEW together as one entry indicates a tour is in the works, but do the date ranges mean anything about if people are actually going to tour vs. just not having anything going on, or anything like that?

The fact it says tour package makes me pretty positive that it'll be happening. Especially since the Used/TBS one is on there as well.

I hope Our Father's Sons from their iTune's session is on there. One of my absolute favorite GLA tracks. If they don't put it on this b-sides, I doubt it will ever be pressed.

Right there with you on this. I wish they'd just press the entire iTunes session. It's so good! Plus Our Father's Sons is such a great track yet hardly anyone knows it because it's only on the iTunes session and there's a 2008 demo of it for some compilation album. But if someone bootlegged a festival performance from 2008 then I'm sure someone can figure out how to do it with this, right?

Actually. 

it's pretty far in, around the 13 minute mark. Like I said, he says it jokingly.

Oh yeah, I liked this interview. But this was long enough ago that I want to assume the B sides album idea turned into the box set. But I'm totally down for having this on an LP as well. Anything Gaslight and I'm gonna want it. 

The fact it says tour package makes me pretty positive that it'll be happening. Especially since the Used/TBS one is on there as well.

Also it was a list like this that led people to finding out about the Alkaline Trio/New Found Glory tour that happened.  I am trying to not get my hopes up too high just in case though.

I hope their cover of Skinny Love will make it on this as well...

Considering how everyone really wants either previously unreleased or somewhat hard to find songs to be on this, it would actually be really nice if we could get an LP with rare stuff on it instead of acoustic versions of songs which many people already have. But CoffeexZombie, if I were you I'd just get a copy of the Hold You Up EP. So worth having. 

Considering how everyone really wants either previously unreleased or somewhat hard to find songs to be on this, it would actually be really nice if we could get an LP with rare stuff on it instead of acoustic versions of songs which many people already have. But CoffeexZombie, if I were you I'd just get a copy of the Hold You Up EP. So worth having. 

Skinny Love was recorded for Mercury. This release will only have SideOneDummy material.

I hope their cover of Skinny Love will make it on this as well...

really? personally felt it was one of the worst covers I've ever heard. Of course I don't go out of the way to listen to bands I don't like, but seriously it was just painful and ruined the beauty of the original