SRC 2014 Subscription Vol 1

schomin

It's SRC. It's not like anything they press is really OOP, it's always discounted in their and Hot Topic's stores. And if something sells out fast they always add a second pressing. Not worth blindly buying for 14 records at $21/album when probably at least 12 of this will end up in sale at some point in the future closer to $12. And believe me, if they press Deja there will be more than enough to go around.

It's SRC. It's not like anything they press is really OOP, it's always discounted in their and Hot Topic's stores. And if something sells out fast they always add a second pressing. Not worth blindly buying for 14 records at $21/album when probably at least 12 of this will end up in sale at some point in the future closer to $12. And believe me, if they press Deja there will be more than enough to go around.

All of these thoughts went through my head. Will just grab anything I really want separately, and swoop up anything I'm on the fence about on clearance.

Don't know why anyone would ever commit to blindly purchasing 14, or even 7, releases from a "label" that just licenses random albums.

This.

Plus, all 14 releases are 'in production' yet they won't disclose the titles. Pretty scary considering the spectrum of releases being sold. I guess they're just trying to cash in on the subscription trend.

All of these thoughts went through my head. Will just grab anything I really want separately, and swoop up anything I'm on the fence about on clearance.

Ya, I briefly toyed with the thought of purchasing when I figured out the 15% code worked but then when the math still came out to $21 each and nothing having been announced yet I decided it was an easy pass.

or you just wait and then when they dont sell all the subscriptions.they put up the leftovers in the store like the copeland reocrd.

They aren't doing exclusive colors for the sub this time around, so the leftovers will be just like the regular press minus a sticker that says "subscription".

Also the two of you who are afraid they will sell these at $30 a piece, you can pretty much guarantee that the double LPs will be around that price.

This.

Plus, all 14 releases are 'in production' yet they won't disclose the titles. Pretty scary considering the spectrum of releases being sold. I guess they're just trying to cash in on the subscription trend.

I don't really understand the SRC hate train. I'm not being biased, in general they've always delivered quality products and had great customer service. Plus they fund these boards we all love/hate so much. I'm asking an honest question here. If it's the MTS thing then that seems rather silly. RJ jacked that whole thing up and then just disappeared into internet obscurity.

Before anyone says anything; I'm not on their payroll, just kind of put off by all the negative comments they get for doing things a lot of other popular labels/distros do. At a time people got excited for their releases.

I don't really understand the SRC hate train. I'm not being biased, in general they've always delivered quality products and had great customer service. Plus they fund these boards we all love/hate so much. I'm asking an honest question here. If it's the MTS thing then that seems rather silly. RJ jacked that whole thing up and then just disappeared into internet obscurity.

Before anyone says anything; I'm not on their payroll, just kind of put off by all the negative comments they get for doing things a lot of other popular labels/distros do. At a time people got excited for their releases.

No issues with src other than it's sometimes a hassle to get In touch with them. And, I know I don't put out records, but their prices seem questionable. Other than That when I do actually buy from them it's pretty smooth. Plus I've won like three of their contests so that's cool too.

I've got no problem with SRC at all, I buy all of their releases that I like, and usually defend them when people bash them because they have licensed and released quality products of albums that many of us have wanted for a long time. I am just saying I'm passing on the sub given that: a) half of what they've released so far I don't listen to, b ) the prices are steep, for c) records that are in production but they won't even tell you what one or two of them are. Other labels offer subs and people jump for them because you at least have a general idea of bands on the roster that could be releasing records that year and/or there is at least 3 or 4 releases listed up front. This is literally a 7 or 14 album crapshoot of what they could be licensing. So until I see a list of at least a few of the releases I won't be considering it.

Well if the first is Deja like people are thinking I think that by itself will be worth it. Just to guarantee I get it 

Aside from your comment here, I have not seen the explicit speculation that SRC will be repressing Deja on any particular timeframe at all. You seem to be banking on it being int he first half of the year. 

Could you please link any "sources", etc. you may have on this conversation?

Thanks!

Aside from your comment here, I have not seen the explicit speculation that SRC will be repressing Deja on any particular timeframe at all. You seem to be banking on it being int he first half of the year.

Could you please link any "sources", etc. you may have on this conversation?

Thanks!

From the SRC newsletter announcing the sub:

"We will be announcing the first titles over the next few weeks. Hint, the first one is from a band that we did an exclusive color for (not an srcvinyl title) and is a title many of you really really want. Check out all the details here and keep an eye out as we will be filling in the titles over the next few weeks:"