PO NOW: The Hotel Year (The Hotelier) - Home, Like No Place Is There

I'm just excited about everything about this record. Curious to see if there'll be an exclusive CYLS variant for this one or what. If there is, it'll be tough to choose.

I'll probably end up buying one of each, which I never do. I'll buy from CYLS because I feel like that's where I should buy an EE release from, and I'll buy from Topshelf because I want those mp3s at midnight the day of release haha.

i regret not picking up a copy of what it takes to move forward back in the day.  i remember it sat in their webstore forever, and i just never bought it for some reason.  it would be nice to have.

I actually wasn't gonna buy it because I wasn't really THAT into vinyl when it released, but after I put it in the cart and never bought it on their old store Cathy emailed me asking if I was having trouble checking out. I bought it because of that and it was a great decision haha.

For those of you that have seen this tour what kind of a set is The Hotelier playing?  I'm seeing them tonight, and I'm really hoping they play Dendron.

They're switching it up a lot with the new songs so your chance of seeing Dendron is about as good an any other song. The set is a fair mix of old and new too.

Decided to pull the trigger and order from No Idea. I wasn't looking to spend any money this week but after dropping cash on some of the sale Best Buy stuff yesterday, I figured what the hell. Picked up a copy of Paul Baribeau's Unbearable which I've been meaning to get, too.

Unfortunately only 5 people showed up last night, which was lame, but it ended up being kind of cool.  Jonathan ended up taking requests for his set and played quite a few State Lines songs. His set was:

Getaway

Probably In A Notebook

Osoosooso song

You and I (old State Lines song)

Weird With You

Osoosooso song

Where It's Warm

Cancer

Linger

Then The Hotelier ended up just being Christian playing acoustic since the turn out was shitty, but it was cool to see him play acoustic.  I'm not familiar with their pre-HLNPIT stuff, but what I knew that he played was:

In Framing

Housebroken

Your Deep Rest

I'm With You (Avril Lavigne cover)

So it didn't end up being what I thought it would, but it was pretty cool.  Talked with both Christian and Jonathan for a little while after the show. Great dudes.  Hoping that they come back and play a different city close to here so they can have a better turn out.

my pink copy finally came. woo!!

it seems like everyone is looking for a copy of this.

it's absolutely blowing up, that's why! the amount of people I've seen talking about them in the last month who didn't know who they were before or had never listened to It Never Goes Out is insane. really excited for these guys to be getting the attention they deserve.