PO : Sunn O))) : LA REH 012

a3615165883_2.jpg

Sunn O))) : LA REH 012

This is a pre-order. All orders will be shipping on or around 1/20/2014.

(price will go up to $20 on 1/14/2014.)

****THE LATEST GRIMM INCARNATE FROM THE DISGUSTING DUO. PVRE HELLISH RIFF-MANGLING.****
180 GRAM BLACK VINYL

Rec: Los Angeles 012 Mix: Paris 013
MASTERED BY BRAD BOATRIGHT

SIDE A: LAST ONE / VALENTINE'S DAY (18:02)
SIDE B: INVISIBLE / SLEEPER (20:26)

SOMA020/LORD180 A SPLIT LABEL RELEASE ©2013 BETWEEN IDEOLOGIC ORGAN & SOUTHERN LORD

MAXIMUM VOLUME YIELDS MAXIMUM RESULTS
LTD edition of 1500 machine numbered copies

DIGITAL VERSION OF THE ALBUM HERE:

http://sunn.bandcamp.com/album/la-reh-2012

388 copies left as of posting, $22PPD.  I suppose this will do until the Ulver collaboration comes out.

http://sunn.southernlord.com/products/view/la-reh-012

i started with Black One. Its still my favorite by miles.

Sunn definitely isnt for everyone. I love the shit out of them but i really have to be in the mood to listen to them or i just cant get into it at all. 

its (obviously) not party music, for me its driving (alone) or at home (also completely alone) music.

Guest Justin Maheiny

A lot of people who listen to the same bands I do really dig this band. I'm really just struggling to get into it. Where should I start? What am I missing?

Start with marijuana, apply headphones, get comfortable then start Sunn's 00 Void.

Guest Justin Maheiny

Yes. You don't need weed.That's what all people who don't smoke weed say. But if you do smoke weed, you'll understand. You don't need to be stoned to enjoy stoner rock but there's a reason it's called stoner rock. You don't need to eat mushrooms before listening to Sleep's Dopesmoker with headphones on at full volume but then you also don't feel like you're floating in a bubble with Jesus surfing sonic waves of pure riffage that make you feel as if the two hemispheres of your brain are slowly being separated by the vibrations. You may HEAR the train coming at you in Boris' Amplifer Worship while sober but it feels like it's gonna run you the fuck over when listening to that shit while stoned out of your god damn gourd.

You guys are right you don't NEED drugs to enjoy this music but there's a reason terms like "acid rock" and "stoner rock" exist and there's definitely a reason for bands like Spacemen 3 to make an album called Taking Drugs To Make Music To Take Drugs To.