Zeppelin Vinyl Reissues

avl

got a shipping notification yesterday (amazon . de) for Zep III (as of now this and Houses of the Holy are the only ones I am planning on getting). Hoping it will arrive today instead of Friday (tomorrow which would be when it's expected is a German holiday)... it's unlikely, but would be pretty awesome if it shows up today... can't wait to hear if this lives up to (my) expectations... also really excited to be replacing the g+ originals I have from parents old collection.

just gave the first run through since it (III) came this afternoon. 

I really had to pull the highs down on the e.q., but other than that it sounds pretty good upon a first listen.

Nothing mind blowing... maybe a little more detail in how the first songs are threaded together.  I might have a different opinion upon another play-through tomorrow when I can more objectively (and not excitedly) listen..

just gave the first run through since it (III) came this afternoon. 

I really had to pull the highs down on the e.q., but other than that it sounds pretty good upon a first listen.

Nothing mind blowing... maybe a little more detail in how the first songs are threaded together.  I might have a different opinion upon another play-through tomorrow when I can more objectively (and not excitedly) listen..

I'm actually relieved to hear there's not a huge difference. I've been worried that Page was going to "over-tinker" with them.

These are up on Popmarket today as the daily deals.

Deluxe sets are $109.99

LPs are $32.99 or $42.99.

Not as good as the B&N deal, but cheaper than Amazon (at least in the US, since Popmarket does free shipping).

Just got that email. Shipping to Canada would make this deluxe set tip the $200. Or else this would be pretty good deal!

I PO'd mine from amazon pretty much the day these things were announced. Got an e-mail this morning saying the manufacturer experienced delays and they don't know when they will ship out. Tried a few times to get some kind of info from amazon support but all i got in return was 5 dollars added to  my account and free next day air shipping. Guess amazon maybe had so many preorders they couldn't receive them all. Sucks

EDIT: Im in FLA, USA

I called a few of my local record shops to see if they had gotten them in. Nobody had them. I had a pre-order with amazon from the first day too. I received an email from amazon last night informing me of the new shopping date as June 27th.

I haven't received any email like that but I really hope it's the same for all us delays. 3 weeks kinda pisses me off but I guess it could be worst.

I got the delay emails from B&N for all 3 Zep deluxes. No timeframe given for delivery.

I'm not so worried about waiting as I am about losing the buy 2 free 1 promo because they can't fulfill the order within 30 days.

Edit: my order now says expected ship June 24th, which I'm sure is just some random date. That would be 30 days.. Which is their stated order cancelation date. D'oh!

There was a slight delay on the deluxe vinyl and super deluxe boxes of I & II, although our store got these on Tuesday (in reduced quantities). 

All the vinyl copies of III really got delayed everywhere... Some sort of issue with the wheel. We did get regular vinyl and super deluxe in on Tuesday, no sign of deluxe (2XLP) vinyl yet.

My PO from Best Buy for I & II arrived Tuesday, III should arrive Thur or Fri.

FYI these reissues are unreal. Fantastic sound, flawless vinyl, begging to be played really loud. I can't remember a reissue sounding this good since.... Maybe the Rhino presses of early Van Morrison & Tom Waits? But totally different beasts altogether.

My so-so first press of II is gone. Sold. My original spinning wheel press of III is gonna follow it soon. I honestly might just sell my OPs of IV and Houses while I'm at it, as I'm almost positive the second batch of reissues in October will destroy those too.