Recent purchases

Story Time (I'm gonna put this under a read more so it's not annoying to scroll through) :

I haven't been on VC much because I've been on vacation in LA. I've been coming here every summer for about six years in a row and I never got a chance to go to Vacation Vinyl. I decided to check it out since a couple of my friends have had good experiences.

Anyways, I walked into the store and noticed the manager at the front seemed very friendly and personable. As we looked around, he asked people if they wanted to listen to a particular album or just chatted with customers about music. He asked me if I was looking for anything in particular and we got on the topic of hardcore. I had been eyeing a Converge record near the front that was presented on the wall with some other rare albums. He had it listed for $60 and gave it to me for $40, as well as two free cassettes from local hardcore bands he thought I'd enjoy.

rusfht.jpg

He seemed very eager to get people to listen to new music. I ended up with two more free lps as well as a dollar bin record for good measure (not pictured). Overall it was a really genuine and nice experience to have with a person who runs a record store. It was really cool to see someone so enthusiastic! I'd 100% recommend that store for the selection and customer service to anyone who's in / planning to visit the LA area. The bottom three records pictured were from Amoeba this morning which I always like to wander around too.

11822c0.jpg

[Spoiler/]

Edited by Han Solo

Today was Square Record's (in Akron, OH) 13th anniversary, so in honor of that, they had a 13% off sale on all in-store items.  Had to make the 20 minute drive and check things out.  Pretty happy with what I came back with:

FullSizeRender_zpszqf6rm0b.jpg

The cat wasn't part of the deal unfortunately.  That's just my baby Harley.

Edited by FiggyPuddling

2 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Nice! Is the clear version of Black Rainbow retail, or is there a standard black? I still need to pick up Under The Skin... both scores are so so damn good.

The one I got was clear.  Just looked on Discogs and there doesn't seem to be a standard black.  But yeah!  Super excited about both of them.  Only $16 each before the 13% off.

Biffy Clyro - Ellipsis - Signed LP
Blur - Parklife - Double Yellow Vinyl LP
Descendents - Hypercaffium Spazzinate - Deluxe Edition CD
INXS - Kick 25 - Triple CD/DVD Box Set
Kid Dynamite - Kid Dynamite - Red Vinyl LP /500
The Mighty Lemon Drops - Into The Heart of Love - 12" Single
The Monkees - Good Times - LP with bonus 7" single
Charlie Simpson - Little Hands - CD
Spandau Ballet - Diamond - CD
The Undertones - All Wrapped Up - Double LP
The Waitresses - Christmas Wrapping - 12" Single

On 8/10/2016 at 6:15 AM, ejc625 said:

Augustana - Can't Love, Can't Hurt (finally!)

My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge (Pink)

Bright Eyes - The Studio Albums: 2001-2011 [Limited Edition Colored Box Set - 10xLP]

Doves - The Last Broadcast [2xLP] UK

Dude...that Doves album is phenomenal. Nice score!

On 8/14/2016 at 9:56 PM, FiggyPuddling said:

Today was Square Record's (in Akron, OH) 13th anniversary, so in honor of that, they had a 13% off sale on all in-store items.  Had to make the 20 minute drive and check things out.  Pretty happy with what I came back with:

FullSizeRender_zpszqf6rm0b.jpg

The cat wasn't part of the deal unfortunately.  That's just my baby Harley.

ooooh Under the Skin soundtrack! very nice!! love the score to that movie.

I went to Wrecking Ball in Atlanta, Ga this weekend and picked up a Saetia tshirt, Union Of Faith cassette, and Ancient Heads - For My Brothers cassette from the Deathwish tent. I also picked up a cassette and tshirt from Atlanta local, Piss Shy. 

A buddy of mine picked up two This Is Hell demo 7"'s for me in Nashville. One is the Run For Cover press black w/ white splatter and the other was the black euro press with the skull stamp on the inner sleeve. 

I came home to the Spirits / Die Faster 7" split test press from State Of Mind Recordings. Hoping to score another test from Spirits soon. One of my favorite newer bands to collect. I hope they make it down south sometime so I can see them live.