faith

Recent purchases

16,691 posts in this topic

Amon amarth - fate of norns

Amon amarth - versus the world

Amon amarth - Twilight of the thunder god

Amon amarth - the crusher

Amon amarth - With oden on our side

(Now I just need Surtur rising to make my amon amarth discography complete)

Boston manor - be nothing

Blink 182 - take of your pant and jacket

Jurassic park - OST.

Ex Deo - the immortal wars

Mors principium est - embers of a dying world

Fleshgod apocalypse - king

Iron reagan - crossover ministry

A loss for words - crises

 

Just a few of my latest purchases and still more incoming. I have a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cramps - Date With Elvis (original UK pressing)

Minutemen/Saccharine Trust split 7" (Purple cover)

Cows - Plowed/In The Mouth 7" (Blue)

Bad Brains - Pay To Cum 7" (RSD Black)

Rites Of Spring - All Through A Life 7" (1st pressing)

Fugazi - Furniture 7" (Clear)

Title Fight - Floral Green

Cramps - Psychadelic Jungle (200 gram black 0006/1500)

Paul Revere & The Raiders - Goin' To Memphis

Electric Flag - Long Time Comin'

Robin Trower - In City Dreams

Fucked Up - Chemistry Of Common Life (Repress)

ZZ Top - Rio Grande Mud

 

been buying too much but the punk record gods were good to me and all the classic rock was dirt cheap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes - Blossom - Green/Black Swirl Vinyl LP
My Bloody Valentine - Tremolo e.p. - 12" Single
Placebo - A Place for Us To Dream - Quadruple LP Set
Prince - Dirty Mind - CD
Prince and the Revolution - Paisley Park - 12" Single (Misspressed)
The Undertones - Get Over You - Red  Vinyl 7" Single
Various Artists/Ride/Foals/Supergrass/Radiohead - Anyone Can Play Guitar - Double DVD
The Wonder Years - Sleeping on Trash: A Collection of Songs Recorded 2005-2010 - Coke Bottle Clear Vinyl LP /200

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

lsEPhZH.jpg
Here's what I got in the last two weeks or so: 
 
Isis - Wavering Radiant (blue w/white splatter)
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Flying Microtonal Banana (highlighter yellow)
Converge - Jane Live (John Baizley artwork, translucent green wax)
Converge - Unloved and Weeded Out (translucent green)
Rozwell Kid - Good Graphics EP (yellow w/orange splatter)
the Mountain Goats - We Shall All Be Healed
R.E.M. - Murmur
Planes Mistaken For Stars - Fuck With Fire (purple marble)
Edited by DOMAN127

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:
lsEPhZH.jpg
Here's what I got in the last two weeks or so: 
 
Isis - Wavering Radiant (blue w/white splatter)
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Flying Microtonal Banana (highlighter yellow)
Converge - Jane Live (John Baizley artwork, translucent green wax)
Converge - Unloved and Weeded Out (translucent green)
Rozwell Kid - Good Graphics EP (yellow w/orange splatter)
the Mountain Goats - We Shall All Be Healed
R.E.M. - Murmur
Planes Mistaken For Stars - Fuck With Fire (purple marble)

Solid list, dude. Planes Mistaken for Stars are terrific.

DOMAN127 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ATQC | Midnight Marauders

Beastie Boys | Licensed to Ill | 30th Anniversary

Brian Fallon | Painkillers

Coheed & Cambria | IKSOSE: 3

Coheed & Cambria | Color Before the Sun | Picture Disc

Conor Oberst | Ruminations

Eazy-E | Boyz-n-the-Hood | Single

Frank Sinatra | Songs for Swingin' Lovers

Frank Sinatra | Ultimate Sinatra

I am the Avalanche | Avalanche United

Japandroids | Near to the Wild Heart of Life

Kanye West  | MBDTF

the Killers | Battle Born

the Killers | Sawdust

Marilyn Manson | Pale Emperor

Metallica | Hardwired to Self Destruct

Outkast | ATLiens

Outkast | Southernplayalisticadillacmusik

Panic at the Disco | Pretty. Odd

Childish Gambino | Awaken, My Love!

Ryan Adams | Prisoner

Once | O.S.T.

Sum 41 | 13 Voices

Sum 41 | All Killer, No Filler

Sum 41 | Chuck

the White Stripes | White Blood Cells


 

 

 

 

ejc625 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Cocteau Twins - Pearly Dewdrops Drop - 7" Single
The Creation - Creation - 7" Single
Fucked Up - Year of the Snake - 12" Single /250
Fun Lovin' Criminals - Scooby Snacks - Picture Disc 7" Single
The Horrible Crowes - Elsie - Cherry Blossom Vinyl LP /500
Mastodon - Crystal Skull - Clear Vinyl 7" Single with Embossed Label
Primal Scream - Evil Heat - Double LP
Sonic Youth - Personality Crisis/Dirty Boots (Demo) - 7" Single
Spandau Ballet - Diamond (Deluxe Edition) - Double CD
Spandau Ballet - To Cut a Long Story Short - 7" Single
Squirrelbait - Kid Dynamite - 7" Single
Star 69 - I'm Insane - Clear Vinyl with Glitter 7" Single
Iggy and The Stooges - Gimme Danger - Blu-Ray
Supersnazz - I Wanna Be Your Love - Green Vinyl 7" Single

 

Edited by glass realms
Reshiram454 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7"

Mae - "Our Love Is A Painted Picture" [ Clear w/Gold Splatter | #1000 ]

12"

Demon Hunter - "Outlive" [ 2xLP | Black/Grey Swirl | #1000 ]

Mae - "(m)(a)(e)" [ 2nd Press | 3xLP | Yellow Smoke | Orange Smoke | Aqua Blue Smoke | #500 ]

Nothing Left - "Destroy And Rebuild" [ White | #100 ]

OST - Grant Kirkhope - "Yooka-Laylee" [ 2xLP | 'Yooka' (Green) | 'Laylee' (Purple) | Limited ]

OST - John Williams - "Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens" [ 2xLP | 'Rey' (Yellow/Orange/Brown Marble) | #500 ]

OST - Michael Giacchino - "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" [ 2xLP ]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went walking around in stores....

81rwZ0hEBiL._SY355_.jpg

4ad562fbf0995e1f72f4c8030cfe7487.jpg

Bat_out_of_Hell.jpg

61SZTXuhTRL.jpg

tumblr_inline_n8se4rflGC1rrj1gb.jpg

Normally, with vinyl, I try to stick to no more than three OLD titles from a band....in order to keep the variety in tact...but with Johnny Cash...I'm going to throw that out of the window because there's really so much stuff back in the back that I've never heard and I don't feel like made it into the CD era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Battra said:

 

Normally, with vinyl, I try to stick to no more than three OLD titles from a band....in order to keep the variety in tact...but with Johnny Cash...I'm going to throw that out of the window because there's really so much stuff back in the back that I've never heard and I don't feel like made it into the CD era.

 

You won't buy more than 3 albums from an older band?

Why would you ever set a limit like that? For "variety", what does that even mean? More albums would give you more variety for a particular band.

So you don't by more that 3 albums from Led Zeppelin? Pink Floyd? Alice Cooper? Bowie? 

 

 

 

Edited by vinyl addict

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

43 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

 

You won't buy more than 3 albums from an older band?

Why would you ever set a limit like that? For "variety", what does that even mean? More albums would give you more variety for a particular band.

So you don't by more that 3 albums from Led Zeppelin? Pink Floyd? Alice Cooper? Bowie? 

 

 

 

I went a long time where I'd have four or five bands where I'd have 50-60 albums each between their full albums, bootlegs, solo stuff, or other bands members were in.

 

Granted, this is back with CDs....and I don't want to fall into that same trap again.

 

Led Zeppelin on vinyl: II, Houses of the Holy, and The Song Remains The Same

 

Pink Floyd: Dark Side of The Moon 

 

Cooper: n/a

 

Bowie: n/a

 

I want more than variety within a single artist. I want variety in my library....Old School Blues, Thrash Metal, Rap, showtunes, stoner metal, pop, psychedelic rock, corporate rock, new school blues, synth pop, folk, avant garde progressive, atmospheric black metal, americana, ukelele pop, whatever the hell Baroness is, idol metal, country, acid rock, classic rock, comedy, whatever Goblin Cock is, also whatever Saqqara Mastabas is...instrumental nuttery I suppose, nerdcore,  Epic Folkened Black Metal (that one is really specific)...

 

I wouldn't have gotten to that level of variety had I bought every Led Zeppelin record or every Metallica record (presently: Master of Puppets, Lulu, and Hardwired..To Self Destruct.

 

Now, when it comes to NEW music, that's a different deal. Like if you include The Black Diamond Heavies, I have four James Leg albums, but 2 of them were purchased brand new...like within the week of release...I also have four MC Chris albums, but I bought 3 of the 4 on his half off sales and the last was preordered.

 

It's all about NOT having a top heavy library...I do also have four Ace Frehley solo albums, 5 Kiss albums, and see RIGHT there...that's part of what I'm trying to avoid.

Edited by Battra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh Hiroshima - In Silence We Yearn

God is an Astronaut - The End of the Beginning

God is an Astronaut - All is Violent, All is Bright

God is an Astronaut - S/T

God is an Astronaut - Origins

God is an Astronaut - Helios / Erebus

God is an Astronaut - A Moment of Stillness

 

Still trying to find Far From Refuge and Age of the Fifth Sun for a reasonable price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Battra said:

I went a long time where I'd have four or five bands where I'd have 50-60 albums each between their full albums, bootlegs, solo stuff, or other bands members were in.

 

Granted, this is back with CDs....and I don't want to fall into that same trap again.

 

Led Zeppelin on vinyl: II, Houses of the Holy, and The Song Remains The Same

 

Pink Floyd: Dark Side of The Moon 

 

Cooper: n/a

 

Bowie: n/a

 

I want more than variety within a single artist. I want variety in my library....Old School Blues, Thrash Metal, Rap, showtunes, stoner metal, pop, psychedelic rock, corporate rock, new school blues, synth pop, folk, avant garde progressive, atmospheric black metal, americana, ukelele pop, whatever the hell Baroness is, idol metal, country, acid rock, classic rock, comedy, whatever Goblin Cock is, also whatever Saqqara Mastabas is...instrumental nuttery I suppose, nerdcore,  Epic Folkened Black Metal (that one is really specific)...

 

I wouldn't have gotten to that level of variety had I bought every Led Zeppelin record or every Metallica record (presently: Master of Puppets, Lulu, and Hardwired..To Self Destruct.

 

Now, when it comes to NEW music, that's a different deal. Like if you include The Black Diamond Heavies, I have four James Leg albums, but 2 of them were purchased brand new...like within the week of release...I also have four MC Chris albums, but I bought 3 of the 4 on his half off sales and the last was preordered.

 

It's all about NOT having a top heavy library...I do also have four Ace Frehley solo albums, 5 Kiss albums, and see RIGHT there...that's part of what I'm trying to avoid.

 

 

That just sounds ridiculous on my end, unless you have limited room. I have around 1500 albums and they take up less than 8 sq ft.

Limiting yourself to 3 albums per artist is crazy. Maybe most of the bands you listen to are newer and they only have 3 or so albums, I dunno. That just sounds crazy. I have a full cube of Pink Floyd alone, almost the same thing with NIN , and Bowie also. I could see if there catalogs weren't any good but that's not the case. 

Not picking on you or anything, but that just blows my mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

 

 

That just sounds ridiculous on my end, unless you have limited room. I have around 1500 albums and they take up less than 8 sq ft.

Limiting yourself to 3 albums per artist is crazy. Maybe most of the bands you listen to are newer and they only have 3 or so albums, I dunno. That just sounds crazy. I have a full cube of Pink Floyd alone, almost the same thing with NIN , and Bowie also. I could see if there catalogs weren't any good but that's not the case. 

Not picking on you or anything, but that just blows my mind.

No, it's not space, it's just making sure I don't repeat past mistakes.

 

Well, I am about to buy a new pair of cubes, but that's a whole other thing. As for the bands I like...I like bands from all make and manner of scene, longevity, and other bits like that.

 

Going backwards, i.e. old albums, is about the best of the best...not the everything. I don't want to sit down and listen to the whole of Kill'Em All or ReLoad...so I won't buy those.

 

It's kind of a throwback from having less money...it's expensive-ish...so just making sure I spread my love around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now