Children 18:3 - Come In

mmhmm

Kickstarter for Children 18:3's last album before they call it quits.  $50 vinyl option.  I, for one, have enjoyed their output and am sad to see them stop making music.  Hoping they raise enough to fund this album.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1154217551/children-18-3-final-album

Let the hating begin.

Edited by mmhmm

I hate you!

Just kidding.  Love to see a Children 18:3 fan on here.  I've also loved every album these die hard Christians have put out.  They're also from a town just a couple hours from me, so they've put on more shows around here than anywhere, which I've been lucky enough to catch a good handful of.  They're extremely talented live. Very natural entertainers. 

Can't agree more, a very depressing thought that it's their last album.  I'm hoping they'll still tour from time to time, or a local show here or there, but who knows.  I guess I have an understanding, it's gotta be hard to be dedicated to something full time when you're not exactly a band who strikes it rich in the mainstream.  I still don't agree with the decision, based on my own personal intrests, though.  One of my biggest fears is all my favorite bands from my generation start breaking up & not touring anymore.

But, with that said, they've done it right with everything else they've done.  I don't see why their last go around would be any different.  Should be a fun album, can't wait for it to come out.

The first album rules, but I haven't been too into the other ones. I'll probably still check this out at some point though.

It took a long while before Rain's A Comin' caught on for me.  A long while, I mean the first many go arounds the only track that caught on was Hey Driftwood! (Tides), which is one of my favorite CH18:3 songs.  I loved On The Run instantly, which is filled with fun, upbeat, summertime in the sunshine type of songs.  After that album came out I went back I gave Rain's A Comin' another try & then it stayed on repeat for a long time last summer. 

Really enjoy their second album on T&N, enjoy their first aswell. Haven't really heard the third one... 50 is a bit steep for me, for this band.

If you like the first two, the 3rd is a must.  Similar style & flavor, real fun all around.

It took a long while before Rain's A Comin' caught on for me.  A long while, I mean the first many go arounds the only track that caught on was Hey Driftwood! (Tides), which is one of my favorite CH18:3 songs.  I loved On The Run instantly, which is filled with fun, upbeat, summertime in the sunshine type of songs.  After that album came out I went back I gave Rain's A Comin' another try & then it stayed on repeat for a long time last summer. 

If you like the first two, the 3rd is a must.  Similar style & flavor, real fun all around.

I had a tough time with their second album too but now I think it's great.  Their 3rd one is even better.

Can't say that isn't typical.  The sophomore slump, pressure of making a follow up to a masterpiece.  But, it did grow on me in time. 

They're up over $10,000 now, pretty good.  I wonder if they'll reach the $25,000 goal.  I haven't participated yet, I'll be throwing down on one or two of the packages.  Not sure if one will be the vinyl or not yet...

I kind of want to do the work out session with Seth and Lee Marie...  lol

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like they've reached their goal, and about 12 more hours to go. 

I ended up ordering the vinyl, and tried to add the $15 download to get the bonus track, but could only find out how to change my order from vinyl to download, as opposed to add it & buy both.  Anyone know if you can order more than one thing...?  Would be pretty silly if you couldn't...

YOU WON'T HAVE YOUR NAME IN THE LINER NOTES, WHAT.  Just kidding.  I figure it's quite a hefty price to pay for a record, but it's more about the donation to these guys.  Which to a more mainstream band, I would protest by all means possible.  But I'm more than ok hooking CH18:3  up with a little extra.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Now that it's fully funded, I'm going to sit back and count on the fact that it's prohibitively expensive to only press 84 copies of an album. See y'all when the $20 preorder goes up, suckas

It's entirely possible the public won't have access to the vinyl version of this...the OC Supertones Kickstarter had like 150 people pledge for the vinyl version of their last album and that record has never been made available publicly- they pressed 310 copies.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...