Crosley Cruiser CR8005A Record Player - Needles

Does anyone know where I can purchase replacement needles for this record player??

Much appreciated,

Lachie

It's best to not replace anything on a crosley. It is best to just replace the whole thing. There's a thread titled beginners guide to HiFi stickied in this forum.

It'll give you a good idea of what would be best to replace your record destroyer with

Oh wow. geez, is my face red or what?? My sincerest apologies if I have offended you guys by owning a record player. I have clearly embarrassed myself in front of the wrong people, seeing as your posts here make it blatantly clear that the members of this forum are the supreme dictators of the global record industry. Does it take up a lot of your time to make all the rules as to who is allowed to own what record player? This knowledge must have taken years of practise to acquire. 

Furthermore, at fifteen years old, unfortunately I cannot afford the thousand-dollar record players that you guys evidently hold so dearly to your heart, as I only work for six hours a week. However it is now my life goal to one day buy a better record player, in the hope that I can finally gain the approval of random people on the internet that I have never even met.

In the mean time, I suppose I will just have to fill up the rest of my life with other, more trivial interests. Maybe my girlfriend can help to take my mind off things. You guys should actually try one, they're pretty good!!

Have a great day.

Lachie

P.S. yocaseycasey - I'll stop in this afternoon. Thanks for the tip!

Oh wow. geez, is my face red or what?? My sincerest apologies if I have offended you guys by owning a record player. I have clearly embarrassed myself in front of the wrong people, seeing as your posts here make it blatantly clear that the members of this forum are the supreme dictators of the global record industry. Does it take up a lot of your time to make all the rules as to who is allowed to own what record player? This knowledge must have taken years of practise to acquire. 

Furthermore, at fifteen years old, unfortunately I cannot afford the thousand-dollar record players that you guys evidently hold so dearly to your heart, as I only work for six hours a week. However it is now my life goal to one day buy a better record player, in the hope that I can finally gain the approval of random people on the internet that I have never even met.

In the mean time, I suppose I will just have to fill up the rest of my life with other, more trivial interests. Maybe my girlfriend can help to take my mind off things. You guys should actually try one, they're pretty good!!

Have a great day.

Lachie

P.S. yocaseycasey - I'll stop in this afternoon. Thanks for the tip!

Anyone else noticed that almost every time a new user asks a dumb question and gets dumb responses, they reply almost exactly the same as this?

I looked again, on the internet, and I found out that there are no Walmarts in Australia...but the internet told me that you do have K-Marts.

So, I did an internet search for K-Mart, and they also carry Crosley replacement needles:

http://www.kmart.com/crosley-replacement-needle/p-1740000000000NP4P?sLevel=0&redirectType=SKIP_LEVEL

It might not be the correct model, but I guess I could do an internet search to find out and then see if that one is available on the internet to ship in Australia.

I wouldn't really call the question dumb…..I think it's a perfectly reasonable question. I just got stupid, unnecessary responses.

Okay we'll say the question wasn't dumb, but did you bother doing any sort of reasearch or googling before asking your question? It seems that skadaddy did a lot more work than you on this and it doesn't even concern him.

I just looked on the internet...

...internet search...

I did another internet search...

I looked again, on the internet...but the internet told me...

So, I did an internet search...

I guess I could do an internet search...on the internet...

I love this kind of subtle humor ;)

Well seeing as I've only had the record player about a month, and had absolutely no clue about what replacement needles were needed, I feel that it was a necessary question to ask. Isn't that the point of these forums??

On that Crosley website on the internet, I searched for support, and they have this section for support under the support section. For your model, there is a video that shows you how to replace the needle:

http://www.crosleyradio.com/Support/Turntables/CR8005A_Cruiser

It does mention that you need to know what needle you have, and that information is in Owners Manual. You can probably find that information there.

If you don't have the Owners Manual, you could probably find one by searching the internet.

Thanks so much for your help skadaddy.

That's the point of these forums. ;)