Mutemath S/T does anyone know if this ever going to be re-released?

7 minutes ago, allenh said:

Anyone know what stops WB re pressing it as well just for the fun of it?

Wondering the same thing. Seems like they had to get rights from WB for this repress. Can they really guarantee this is the last pressing? Can the band stop the label? I don't know enough to say.

I wonder how many copies they've sold so far. Can't help but think that 2000 copies at $40 a pop would be gone already and would've made more total. First time I've ever refreshed my cart hoping an album would be sold out so I could say, "oh well. Missed it."

Edited by Arizona_Is_The_Reason

Depends on their contract WB.. if their contract stipulates that WB can't repress this again, then that would explain why royalties are this high...... but again,  circular logic, the 'solution' is just to not have that and let them press more copies then you wouldn't have that high a royalty-rate. 

On the other hand, I don't know why WB would agree to not press this again ever, from a business standpoint it's illogical because of the demand for these. 

I don't understand this price at all. I'm a die hard MM fan who purchased this regardless of the price but I feel cheated because of the price. 

Dont get get me wrong, I just paid $120 on eBay for a copy of armistice but when it's being sold for $75 direct from the band it's over the top. It feels like a cash grab... it's more about the principle than the price. 

37 minutes ago, Barberbro said:

Somebody call MoV.... 

let's get these booted!!!

I'm actually amazed this hasn't been booted yet, Hot Fuss for instance has been booted in every colour in the rainbow.

Does anyone know if this press is from the same plates as the original or did they have to produce new ones for this?

1 minute ago, allenh said:

I'm actually amazed this hasn't been booted yet, Hot Fuss for instance has been booted in every colour in the rainbow.

Does anyone know if this press is from the same plates as the original or did they have to produce new ones for this?

Single LP to double LP so probably new plates. 

31 minutes ago, Sasan said:

Wasn't it something like the original tapes and/or plates were damaged by Hurricane Katrina?

I talked to Paul and Darren about this earlier this year and they laughed at that rumor. They said the only thing they lost in Katrina was the original art. They actually asked me that night if I'd buy a repress with different cover art lol.

Side note: They also said that Roy had the most copies of the first press out of any of the band members and joked that all the copies on eBay/Discogs are his haha.

Edited by tagruato

3 minutes ago, tagruato said:

I talked to Paul and Darren about this earlier this year and they laughed at that rumor. They said the only thing they lost in Katrina was the original art. They actually asked me that night if I'd buy a repress with different cover art lol.

To which you responded "Yes, but only if it costs $75 or more". Thanks dude

1. 22 hours ago, the industry said:

no idea why i can't escape the quote box, but whatever. so, this isn't a quote from "the industry" but from MM's frontman. interesting response, to say the least.
    ------
    Hey all - Paul here

First of all, I want to thank all Mutemath fans for being one of the most dedicated groups of folks a band could have in their corner. So many of you have been there since the very beginning and have allowed us to be a part of your lives through this music for the past ten or so years. I can promise you we've never taken lightly the fact that anyone would reach into their pocket to part with their hard earned money and willfully place it in our hands so that we can live a dream. It's something I've had long drag down/knock out arguments with managers, labels and agents alike since we started doing this full time. It's certainly not the most flattering part of running a band.

I'm fully aware of the debate that has started over the price of this vinyl repress. Quite honestly, it had started over a year ago behind closed doors in our camp during countless conference calls when we first made it a mission to figure out how to pull off an official repress of the S/T vinyl for the 10th anniversary and stop seeing fans forced to pay upwards of $300 for it. I won't burden everyone with the bullet points, but I hope you can trust me when I tell you this issue mattered and still matters to us.

All I can most meaningfully say at this point is Thank You. To the fans who graciously bought one of our most prized pieces of work that started this whole thing for us and were willing to kick in the extra amount which, quite honestly, will go straight to us, the band: we and our families are eternally grateful. So now we'll get back to work, and promise to keep you posted on the progress of the new album which is coming along swimmingly.

Much love and have a happy holiday everyone!

:P