Mutemath S/T does anyone know if this ever going to be re-released?

4 minutes ago, rogeoa8 said:

the bands twatter said midnight EST.... and they liked a guys tweet who asked if it was technically Dec 2 at 12 am (aka thursday night midnight EST), so clues point to thursday at mignight EST currently.

That's better I was getting worried I had to get up before 5am UK time for this, that or stay up all night on Thursday which would have meant alcohol, snoring and then missing it altogether

75 dollars? Fuck these guys. I love this band and I've been seeing them live since their first album, but unless the record jacket doubles as a fleshlight or has a $50 bill taped inside, this is gouging at it's finest and I will not support it. 

Edited by Kanye West

11 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

75 dollars? Fuck these guys. I love this band and I've been seeing them live since their first album, but unless the record jacket doubles as a fleshlight or has a $50 bill taped inside, this is gauging at it's finest and I will not support it.

you are absolutely right. it is gauging the market and they will then see how many will pay at that price.

29 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

75 dollars? Fuck these guys. I love this band and I've been seeing them live since their first album, but unless the record jacket doubles as a fleshlight or has a $50 bill taped inside, this is gauging at it's finest and I will not support it. 

I call bullshit. You'll buy it cause you're a sucker. 

28 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

75 dollars? Fuck these guys. I love this band and I've been seeing them live since their first album, but unless the record jacket doubles as a fleshlight or has a $50 bill taped inside, this is gouging at it's finest and I will not support it. 

This record is one of my most sought-after records ever and I was so happy when I read this announcement 55 minutes ago...

But after knowing it's $75....( SEVENTY-FIVE-US-DOLLAR FIRST-HAND!!!)...I was the exact same and thought "FUCK THESE GUYS"! I know I will be immensely sad not jumping on the train, but the price tag (+ shipping to Germany + customs ~$130) is barefaced! They could have easily pressed this 10.000x and sell it at a regular price...

FUCK THESE GUYS!

also from the same MM manager/affiliate:
"Yes, it's a double vinyl on 180 gram anniversary re-issue. I went through the numbers and the reality is, most of these types of re-pressing's sell for upwards of $60 at retail, and in this instance we are hoping this will deter people from scooping up copies to re-sell like the fucking scalpers they are."

1. what planet does this person live on where MM believes they could or should command the absurd prices of reissued corporate classics 
2. this also begs the question – does their manager realize this makes MM the "fucking scalpers they are"? 

2 minutes ago, copelandkid said:

"Yes, it's a double vinyl on 180 gram anniversary re-issue. I went through the numbers and the reality is, most of these types of re-pressing's sell for upwards of $60 at retail, and in this instance we are hoping this will deter people from scooping up copies to re-sell like the fucking scalpers they are."

1. what planet does this person live on where MM believes they could or should command the absurd prices of reissued corporate classics 
2. this also begs the question – does their manager realize this makes MM the "fucking scalpers they are"? 

Yeesh!

2 minutes ago, copelandkid said:

This really made me laugh! Would love to see the numbers he went through...

Just now, Sasan said:

This really made me laugh! Would love to see the numbers he went through...

she, actually.
and i imagine her reference points were major-label atrocities like [name an overpriced, unnecessary vinyl reissue cuz i don't traffic in that stuff enough to think of one] 
or extrapolating down from the price of similarly-marketed box sets.

17 minutes ago, copelandkid said:

she, actually.
and i imagine her reference points were major-label atrocities like [name an overpriced, unnecessary vinyl reissue cuz i don't traffic in that stuff enough to think of one] 
or extrapolating down from the price of similarly-marketed box sets.

Hey everyone - since clearly the price tag is an issue for most fans here, I wanted to break down the situation for you all.

Manufacturing 180gram vinyl is expensive, it's more expensive when you have a double LP.  It continues to get more expensive when you spend nearly a year negotiating getting the rights to press this vinyl from the master owners (Warner Bros).  That means legal fees, significant override royalties and beyond that will leave the band with very little net on this release.  Not to mention the percentages the merch store takes off the top.  So, I apologize if this somehow offends you, but we're doing what we can to not take this re-issue at a loss financially.  Our "Changes" LP is all over Ebay because there are people who buy $20 LP's and turn around and sell them for $250 (as you have all seen).  We're trying to deter that in this situation.

2 minutes ago, lindsaymusic said:

Hey everyone - since clearly the price tag is an issue for most fans here, I wanted to break down the situation for you all.

Manufacturing 180gram vinyl is expensive, it's more expensive when you have a double LP.  It continues to get more expensive when you spend nearly a year negotiating getting the rights to press this vinyl from the master owners (Warner Bros).  That means legal fees, significant override royalties and beyond that will leave the band with very little net on this release.  Not to mention the percentages the merch store takes off the top.  So, I apologize if this somehow offends you, but we're doing what we can to not take this re-issue at a loss financially.  Our "Changes" LP is all over Ebay because there are people who buy $20 LP's and turn around and sell them for $250 (as you have all seen).  We're trying to deter that in this situation.

It doesn't offend anyone, it is just an obviously obscene mark-up. You're definitely not "losing" at 75 bucks a pop.

Just now, rogeoa8 said:

It doesn't offend anyone, it is just an obviously obscene mark-up. You're definitely not "losing" at 75 bucks a pop.

Are you familiar with override royalties?  The royalties you have to continue to pay your former major label on everything you make for the decades following your departure?

Just now, lindsaymusic said:

Are you familiar with override royalties?  The royalties you have to continue to pay your former major label on everything you make for the decades following your departure?

Look, you can explain and defend this as the costs of doing business or you can claim you are a holy flipper deterrent. you can't do both. i would stick to the former in this case, cause you just become the bad guy if you argue the latter.