PO: Twin Forks - S/T - Feb. 25 - Dine Alone (Chris Carrabba)

What do you expect? You came in a thread about a particular band asking if people actually like the band.  I suppose I could tell you that Chris has been doing this style of music on his solo cover album that came out in 2011, or that on The Wire Tapes which came out in 07 he did a few songs in a folk/country style and could make the case that Carry This Picture from 03 was very much in this style. Two of the three examples predate Mumford, and his solo album was released before Mumford had their second album out, so I wouldnt say he was chasing a fad when he has been doing it for over 10 years. But then again, I dont expect you to have much common sense to figure that out.

What do you expect? You came in a thread about a particular band asking if people actually like the band.  I suppose I could tell you that Chris has been doing this style of music on his solo cover album that came out in 2011, or that on The Wire Tapes which came out in 07 he did a few songs in a folk/country style and could make the case that Carry This Picture from 03 was very much in this style. Two of the three examples predate Mumford, and his solo album was released before Mumford had their second album out, so I wouldnt say he was chasing a fad when he has been doing it for over 10 years. But then again, I dont expect you to have much common sense to figure that out.

i don't think you know what common sense means, but relax. i'm trying to get it. 

wow ben, did i offend you that much? 

thanks to gkersey for trying to participate in an intelligent conversation. to ben and SH... relax. some people won't like everything you like. i was hoping this would be good, and it wasn't. forgive me for trying to figure out if i'm missing something. i explained why i don't like it, i didn't come in here saying that anyone who DOES like it is crazy. 

Again, you are the person that came into a thread about a band and asked if people liked them. Common sense would be yes, people enthusiastically talking about a band means they like the band. Common sense about Chris would show that he has been doing this a while and not chasing a fad, again, but I dont think you would figure that out, you would rather just troll in your spare time.

i admit, i don't follow everything chris carrabba has done in the last few years. i'm sure that most people in the world don't know that he's been playing this music for a decade. (therefore, not common sense). now that i'm presented with some information (though sources are spotty), i can say that it may be plausible that he isn't completely ripping off mumford and sons. 

it's okay if you like them. again, i just don't get it and i'm allowed to post in this thread, as you are allowed to post in threads of bands you don't understand either. 

i just can't get into it at all. it really sounds like they're just chasing an awful fad that never should've been a fad. it literally sounds like mumford with chris singing to me. 

Never listened to mumford and sons, but I like Twin Forks. I will check out mumford and sons and maybe I will like them!