seam splits

seriously we need to revolutionize something about production or packaging that gets rid of this.  pretty much every record i get has a 2-4cm split in the seam at the top and its really driving me crazy.  i dont mind it happening occasionally as things happen but this is maddening.

seriously we need to revolutionize something about production or packaging that gets rid of this.  pretty much every record i get has a 2-4cm split in the seam at the top and its really driving me crazy.  i dont mind it happening occasionally as things happen but this is maddening.

If you request it, a lot of labels will ship the record outside of the sleeve.

Lol

I don't know who that is (6-string bass .gif) but I'd also be curious to see. Had me in stitches. The way he communicates with his face/eyes. It's like he is feeling the tune, conducting AND giving feedback to his accomp. with his entire physicality. Like 'ooh right note, no wrong note, k now this part, yep, good, okay, yeah...' etc.

As far as split seams (and dinged corners, for that matter) are concerned, they happen. I've bought records in stores that had seam splits worse than records I've had shipped in the jacket, too. (They had to get to the store somehow, so they were shipped at some point, right? But at least you can inspect before purchase.)  Just depends on the record/copy, I guess it can be prevented to some extent, but It's kind of inevitable (blame gravity) in the sense that: if they bother you that much, easiest way to avoid them is to just not buy records.

One of my favorite GIFs of all time.  I saw the video for it a while ago -- it's something else.  I can guarantee that it's on Youtube, but I have no idea what to search to bring it up.  All of my attempts have been moot so far.

Same here, I first saw it years ago and thought it was hilarious. Seen it again earlier last year and immediately saved it, think I've used it before on here. I mean I laugh nearly every time I see the thing, its too good.