You can park on the street in Staten Island right next to the ferry for free if you don't mind walking a couple blocks. There's a police precinct right there.

This sounds like a good idea, does anyone have any experience doing this, I plan on leaving the car from like Friday morning until Sunday.

made that mistake with my brother in williamsburg a few weeks ago. still don't know how it happened, but the woman towing him was cool enough to just let him have his car. still got the ticket, but at that point, whatever.

Williamsburg is a whole different ballgame. Thats one of the areas the city actively looks to tow and prey on people who may get confused about parking signs. Where we were talking about on Staten Island is one of the few places to be sort of mindful that there may be a parking regulation sign. Where I live now (Bensonhurst) and where I'm moving to (Bay Ridge) are two places you only get ticketed if you're at a meter.

Staten Island worked out actually. We pulled into a pay lot that Google maps sent us to but the attendant said no overnight, so when I pulled out of the lot there was a place right there on the street. The lot attendant was actually nice enough to walk down and tell us it was cool to park there. Also, with this being my first time In the city, I'm not finding New Yorkers to be pricks at all, everyone so far has been nice as hell.

Staten Island worked out actually. We pulled into a pay lot that Google maps sent us to but the attendant said no overnight, so when I pulled out of the lot there was a place right there on the street. The lot attendant was actually nice enough to walk down and tell us it was cool to park there. Also, with this being my first time In the city, I'm not finding New Yorkers to be pricks at all, everyone so far has been nice as hell.

As long as you're not an asshole or an idiot---we're always friendly.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...