• 2 weeks later...

I'm heading into the city later today, and my plan is still kind of iffy. If I were to take a train, the ticket and parking would run me at least $80. I'd much prefer to drive, but I would be completely aimless in trying to find a place to park. And coupling the cost of gas with using a parking garage would probably run me more than taking a train.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Last time I was there, I stayed in Washington heights where I was able to park for the weekend without any issue. Kind of considering doing that again.

Parking above 96th Street in Manhattan is generally better than anything below 96th. Depends on the block though. Manhattan in general is a bitch to drive around and park and I generally try to avoid driving there anymore between more metered spots ad less overall parking due to bike lanes. If you're just gonna wander around the city for a while anyway I'd just take the train there between gas toll and headaches.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just got tickets to see David Letterman this Wednesday. Considering driving up from Cincinnati tomorrow. Any recommendations on what part of town to stay in where I can just park my car and take the trains around? Looking into some airbnb spots, but not sure if I should look into a specific area.

I just got tickets to see David Letterman this Wednesday. Considering driving up from Cincinnati tomorrow. Any recommendations on what part of town to stay in where I can just park my car and take the trains around? Looking into some airbnb spots, but not sure if I should look into a specific area.

Depends. It's easier to park in certain parts of Brooklyn and Queens, and pretty tough to park in Manhattan unless you pay for a parking lot (which is usually crazy expensive.) Parking (let alone driving) near where Letterman is taped is impossible. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gonna have like 8 hours in NYC at the end of the month. Whats the go to record shops for metal and punk stuff. I used to always hit up kims in greenwich village but found out that closed.

What are some other must dos while there that arent the typical stuff? I hit up nyc about every two or three years but there are always so many new things i cant keep up.