Archer: VICE

topher

Thinking about it, it makes perfect sense that ISIS didn't have US sanction.  I like the new direction, I think it's clever and fits within the confines of the show pretty well.  Overall, I'm just happy the show is back, it's still funny as hell and that's all that really matters.

I'll drink to that. I'll probably end up loving this season, after all.

Also, R.I.P. Brett.

isis went down simply because matt thompson was bored, and wanted to take the show in a new direction.

yeah, i'm entirely ok with that.

That makes sense.  I don't think the spy thing wore out it's welcome yet, but I do like that they're willing to abandon it before it did and try for something different.  I can't imagine the show is going to change that much based on where they're working, it's not like ISIS really followed any legal guidelines anyway!  :D

I am hoping for a list of every movie parody they did in the end montage.  I maybe got a third of them.

How is this at all going to even possibly not be good?

Come on.

Essentially how I feel.

Though I will say... that as someone who avidly avoids spoilers, I feel a little cheapened by the amount of footage shown in that trailer. Having watched the episode twice - and also assuming that everything in that montage will occur - I'm pretty sure that my brain will recognize a lot of the events that are on the cusp of unfurling, based solely off of the setting and costumes of each episode. That trailer did a great job amping the viewer up for the season. But at the cost of some of the surprises? I don't know how I feel about that.