New Pre-Orders up at Castle Face

Very excited for the Feels record...and of course highly recommending it.  But, are people really getting it just because Ty produced on it?

Nah, I have a friend whose taste in music I trust and she said she dug it so far. She told me it wasn't a Ty record but the band sounded good and he produced it. If there is a musician whose production I'd blindly trust, its Ty. I checked out a few of the singles after posting and really like it so far. I think I'm gonna go check out the KC area show if possible. There just doesn't seem to be much information I can find on it other than the info in the CF email.

Nah, I have a friend whose taste in music I trust and she said she dug it so far. She told me it wasn't a Ty record but the band sounded good and he produced it. If there is a musician whose production I'd blindly trust, its Ty. I checked out a few of the singles after posting and really like it so far. I think I'm gonna go check out the KC area show if possible. There just doesn't seem to be much information I can find on it other than the info in the CF email.

Last time I bought a record because of Ty's involvement (and because I thought the sound clips sounded really good and it was on Drag City and therefore not streamable) was Peacers and I can't really get into it at all. Plus I'd forgotten that Drag City doesn't provide MP3s so it was double disappointment.

Feels sounds cool. Is the woman the main/only vocalist?

Yup.

I listened to the album several times yesterday and ordered the wax. I like it more than some of Ty's own output, including Fuzz.

Thanks. I'm really picky about female vocalists and tend to prefer male vocals 9 times out of 10, but the track on the Castle Face page sounded good so I'll check it out. 

Thanks. I'm really picky about female vocalists and tend to prefer male vocals 9 times out of 10, but the track on the Castle Face page sounded good so I'll check it out.

I have a shameful aversion to female singers as well, so for the first couple of tracks I kept feeling like my interest in the album would fade. Held strong throughout.

Last time I bought a record because of Ty's involvement (and because I thought the sound clips sounded really good and it was on Drag City and therefore not streamable) was Peacers and I can't really get into it at all. Plus I'd forgotten that Drag City doesn't provide MP3s so it was double disappointment.

Yup.

I listened to the album several times yesterday and ordered the wax. I like it more than some of Ty's own output, including Fuzz.

Not that it matters a whole lot but the band actually has two vocalists (both guitarists alternate depending on the song). They're really great live and it'll be sweet to finally have an LP after seeing them play for years around the area without a proper release besides a live cassette.

Did you get the recent repress splatter they did?  Feels Like is so good, I am just ready for new music after hearing that record non stop for the last 2 years.  Hoping they have some new tunes when I see them next week.

No sir, I've completely missed two nice pressings. I've held back on vinyl purchases the last few months, really haven't been as active on the boards/web as a result. Naturally you miss out on some good represses and pre-orders. It's pretty hard to ignore those CF emails though. 

• 4 weeks later...