IKEA'S EXPEDIT SOON TO BE OOP

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm wondering if someone might give me a pointer.

I have the 2x8 expedit connected to an L shape thing to form a desk. I want to get the 2x4 and add it to the desk, and move the 2x8 elsewhere.

Basically my question is, are the heights of the Kallax and expedit 2x4s the same? I'd like to keep my desk leveled.
BTW Kallax is 30.375 inch (771.525 mm) tall. Maybe someone is willing to give me the measurement of their 2x4 expedit.

Anyway thanks to whoever responds.

Well... yea... 2x8.... Maybe its more widely known as something else. It's like two 2x4s stacked together but as one unit. Anyway, that really makes no difference because I'm trying to get info on the height of a 2x4 expedit.

BTW I'm not trying to sound snarky Dreamover.  We both share love for the pumpkins.

• 4 months later...

I really want to buy the KALLAX series, but there's no IKEA nearby.

Closest one is a two-and-a-half hour drive away.

Their shipping prices are stupid expensive, so I can't do that either.

Just going to end up buying the Better Homes and Garden ones from Walmart.

Free shipping when it's over $50 and they look sturdy.

Only thing that bums me out is that I could get the IKEA ones for basically the same price. That sucks.

I'm looking for the dimensions of the 4x4 Kallax still boxed to see what size car I'll need to take. Anybody have the box kicking around? According to Ikea's site, it might actually be in two separate boxes? Does that sound right?

The 4x4 Expedit came in two boxes.

I don't have the boxes anymore, but the bigger of the two was probably something in the ballpark of like 5ft x 2ft x 1ft. And the second box was about the same dimensions, just a bit shorter.

I would assume the Kallax is packaged the same way.

• 4 weeks later...