Post Your Record Storage Area

For 7s, I used to buy small record carrying cases as they are so portable and you can stack them easily, like under things. They used to be easy to find second hand from jumble sales and charity shops (flea markets and goodwill shops?), I suspect with the ZOMG vinyl stuff that they are much harder to find these days.

Hi All,

Does anyone have any advice on how to build these? Looks like maybe a router used with a mitre gauge on an angle?

b09e1bf2212275e6c3b3dac65ee42cdd.jpg

4efa1375c0741cd7b055eba9acfe4354.jpg

il_fullxfull.666625160_4syg.jpg

I've made them before. They work pretty well. However, it is pretty difficult to get the right angle so the records don't lean too far back.

I just used a skil saw to make the cuts.

I can take some pictures and post this evening with the dimensions if you'd like.

• 2 weeks later...

I've made them before. They work pretty well. However, it is pretty difficult to get the right angle so the records don't lean too far back.

I just used a skil saw to make the cuts.

I can take some pictures and post this evening with the dimensions if you'd like.

Yes that would be very helpful! Thanks

CE4DFF95-A0BC-4854-BCBC-ADDF9C70F079.jpg

This is exactly how I wanted to set ours up...buuuut not enough wall space anywhere to do so, so we ended up puting the two verticals side by side simulating a 4x4 and the horizontal one on the wall opposite

Horizontal one was harder to put together than the vertical ones in my opinion

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought a house in Nashville, finally have everything in order.  My record shelf is a piece that my grandmother gave me that she used to store her VHS tapes in, so stoked on it with my collection inside. The Victrola in the corner isn't currently working (my Mom's best friend was going to throw it away).  So I turned it into a bar and will get it fixed when I get some extra cash.

2qsquep.jpg

4dq3p.jpg

2145v2a.jpg

A work in progress. Ikea file folder/shelving units. I took the front doors off and installed pine dividers (screwed through the top) so there wouldn't be too many records left to right. Still would rather have front facing storage but I'm not crafty enough to build one and don't want to spend the $500 on a bin. Found a local guy who sells wine crates for $7-9. Unfortunately the small crates are about 1/2" to narrow so I had to use the longer ones sideways. Not the most efficient but it's convenient.

UNm9ZlW.jpg

• jhulud locked this topic