Post Your Record Storage Area

^^^

What's the point though?  I know where to find my Metallica. It's between Metal Church and Missing Persons. 

Also, I use the same RGBs for the lighting for my tt, but it uses a remote, not a tablet.

Don't get me wrong, it looks cool. What took 3 years btw?

The point is that it's a programming challenge and fun to do if you're into that.

The light up thing both looks cool & dumb to me.  Love the lighting, I personally probably would have worked a little to hide the wire in the front, but that's a minor thing.  What's silly to me is using a computer program to light up where your records are.....is it that hard to remember the alphabet (or what ever system he used to file the records)?

As a personal project, it would be pretty satisfying, fun, and awesome to work on that and get it as perfect as you can.  Not everything needs to be put in the context of "YEAH BUT HOW DOES THIS HELP ME, A GUY ON THE INTERNET?  I DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR THAT/HAVE SOMEONE INSTALL THAT FOR ME/USE THAT SAME SYSTEM FOR MY OWN RECORDS".

People like building stuff with their hands and brain and this looks dope to do.  Thanks for sharing.

^^^

What's the point though?  I know where to find my Metallica. It's between Metal Church and Missing Persons. 

Also, I use the same RGBs for the lighting for my tt, but it uses a remote, not a tablet.

Don't get me wrong, it looks cool. What took 3 years btw?

I personally have no clue how to program anything dealing with lighting, so seeing someone accomplish a feat like this from scratch and building a program to work with your desires is tight. Just for the hobby, man.

As a personal project, it would be pretty satisfying, fun, and awesome to work on that and get it as perfect as you can.  Not everything needs to be put in the context of "YEAH BUT HOW DOES THIS HELP ME, A GUY ON THE INTERNET?  I DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR THAT/HAVE SOMEONE INSTALL THAT FOR ME/USE THAT SAME SYSTEM FOR MY OWN RECORDS".

People like building stuff with their hands and brain and this looks dope to do.  Thanks for sharing.

Totes.

The light up thing both looks cool & dumb to me.  Love the lighting, I personally probably would have worked a little to hide the wire in the front, but that's a minor thing.  What's silly to me is using a computer program to light up where your records are.....is it that hard to remember the alphabet (or what ever system he used to file the records)?

Also, wouldn't it need to be re-programmed every time you add a new record?

I don't see the appeal of turning your record shelves into a rave with flashing lights and all that bullshit, but, if that's what floats your boat, I'll just laugh and think, "Thank God we're not friends".

Just someone being creative, man. Chill. I can go throughout life just fine without personally knowing you.

As a record collecting geek, that is cool to see, maybe not that useful. I work for a company selling RFID systems to track things like paper patient records. They live on shelves like vinyl, and you scan the shelves to find the items with a hand held device. However the tags suffer when too close together and work best on files with more pages so maybe not suited to records which are very thin. You also need to try and put the tags on different parts of the sleeves.

You could in theory put pads/readers on each shelf/area to track to know where they are too...but that's a bit excessive.

• jhulud locked this topic