Post Your Record Storage Area

This was the table top. There are already a couple or predrilled holes on one end I believe, but you'll have to wing it with the rest once you cut it.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/00251135/

My advice on cutting is to mark the line with a pencil, and then masking tape around it to help keep the cut clean. You don't want the saw dragging across the top and marking it.

Good luck!

Next time I'm around an Ikea, I'll probably pick up some of these legs....I like the idea; especially with my TT not having a real "ground board". I think you can probably screw the legs to the table top without drilling the wood since it's cheap compressed wood.

That's what I used for mine. They come in 3 sizes. I went with the 6" legs. Here is what it looks like when I set it up before adding records

11248916_1590171677909756_443325501_n.jp

Uargh, is this sturdy enough? I would be too scared that the legs don't carry the weight...

Next time I'm around an Ikea, I'll probably pick up some of these legs....I like the idea; especially with my TT not having a real "ground board". I think you can probably screw the legs to the table top without drilling the wood since it's cheap compressed wood.

Yeah that's what I did, just that you need to spend a bit of time measuring and lining them up straight etc.

Uargh, is this sturdy enough? I would be too scared that the legs don't carry the weight...

I decided to use 6 legs instead of just 4 to make sure there would be enough support for the weight the minimize and wobbling. Notice the outer legs aren't all the way to the edge. And I tested it thoroughly before putting my records in it to make sure it was sturdy. I've had it 4 years now and so far it's still standing solid. So as long as the shelf was put together solid to begin with and the legs are screwed in well to the solid parts of the shelf without stripping the wood (particle board?) then it should be fine.

I have the other speaker in its normal spot in this shot. I couldn't figure out a better angle haha. I'm used to just having floor speakers with everything pointing the same direction so this was what I ended up with after multiple configurations. So this is inward I guess.

IMAG0414_1_zpspy9r1sml.jpg

Edit: Oops nsfw. And Fixed

• jhulud locked this topic