Post Your Record Storage Area

Thanks!

When I bought this house, I started doing a "Sunday AM" record on Facebook each week. 

Then my wife's feet eventually made their way into the pictures ;)

Then my son was born and people like seeing his growth and album choice each week. 

I just started adding the pictures on IG too, but it's a cool little family tradition we started and look forward to each week!

finally got around to building two of these. one is from the audio karma specs other I just went with longer boards to get 3 spaces out of it. Had a local carpenter build drawers and paint. All cost less then around 200 bucks for everything from material to carpenter fee.

20160309_212122.jpg

20160309_171059.jpg

20160309_212008.jpg

20160309_212035.jpg

20160309_212046.jpg

20160309_212106.jpg

I'm moving the end of the month which means I get to re-setup my record storage/playing area.  It's one of the things I'm most excited about.  Thinking I should get some extra shelving now so that I don't end up having to adjust for more space later.  

Get to see the new apt this weekend.   Bringing a tape measure specifically for this task.  Woop.

My dad and I got all 4 of my new front facing shelves using the audio karma plans built. I can't wait to move into the new place and set them all up.

I ordered dividers too, I didn't realize they were basically $1 a piece!

It's time to decide how OCD I want to get with my organization. I can't fully decide if I want to split up into loose genres (metal, punk, rock, soundtracks, Various Artists) or just keep it simple A-Z with dividers also for bands I have collections of.

To you guys who have dividers, what have you done ?

Also, do any of you have any clue what type of paint I should or shouldn't use for painting my new shelves?

My dad and I got all 4 of my new front facing shelves using the audio karma plans built. I can't wait to move into the new place and set them all up.

I ordered dividers too, I didn't realize they were basically $1 a piece!

It's time to decide how OCD I want to get with my organization. I can't fully decide if I want to split up into loose genres (metal, punk, rock, soundtracks, Various Artists) or just keep it simple A-Z with dividers also for bands I have collections of.

To you guys who have dividers, what have you done ?

Also, do any of you have any clue what type of paint I should or shouldn't use for painting my new shelves?

I may have said it in here before, but I do genres > a-z > year of release.

I have the genres divided up: pop-punk/emo, punk/metal/drone, "modern rock & pop", rap/r&b, funk/soul/jazz, classic rock/classic pop, other.

I also keep singles 10" and boxsets separate.

• jhulud locked this topic