Post Your Record Storage Area

• 1 month later...

Ok I need some advice...

target threshold cubes vs ikea kallax cubes

i bought a 2x3 target threshold shelf a year ago and it's already starting to lean a bit and it's already maxed out too.  I'm thinking of going with 2 2x2 cubes instead of my current semi broken one, anyone have an opinion over what's sturdier, or anyone have bad luck with one over the other?

thanks!

1 hour ago, crossedoutname said:

Ok I need some advice...

i bought a 2x3 target threshold shelf a year ago and it's already starting to lean a bit and it's already maxed out too.  I'm thinking of going with 2 2x2 cubes instead of my current semi broken one, anyone have an opinion over what's sturdier, or anyone have bad luck with one over the other?

thanks!

I have a 2x2 and a 2x4 Kallax and I love both. I'd say that, easily. 

Edited by Han Solo

3 hours ago, crossedoutname said:

Ok I need some advice...

thanks!

I have the model before Kallax from IKEA (forget what it was called) with the thicker outer portions, and I also have a Kallax. Both have held up over the years. The kallax is a 2x2 and is fully loaded with zero leaning, bending, warping, or whimpering. 

Those Swedes really make fine furniture. 

1 hour ago, dnl said:

If you're on a budget, the Better Homes and Garden Cube Organizers sold at Walmart are another really good option. I know no one equates Walmart with quality, but I've had mine for a few years and no leaning or bending either. I can fit about 50 records in each cube. I always buy these when I need more space.

Was just about to suggest these. I have 2 of the 2x4 cube sets and love them

On 4/20/2016 at 8:17 PM, Bhemblem said:

I got married last month and moved into a place where I can actually have a room/office for music. This is a work in progress (still need to get a third poster framed). I've never posted my set up before, but I'm really happy with how this is turning out! IMG_8073.jpg

did you make it to the Killers secret show at the Bunkhouse after their arena performance in Vegas??

On 4/20/2016 at 8:17 PM, Bhemblem said:

I got married last month and moved into a place where I can actually have a room/office for music. This is a work in progress (still need to get a third poster framed). I've never posted my set up before, but I'm really happy with how this is turning out! IMG_8073.jpg

did you make it to the Killers secret show at the Bunkhouse after their arena performance in Vegas??

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, permafaust said:

Thanks guys!

That Jamie Thomas deck is my favorite one I ever had. I got it in 2001ish, held off skating on it for a really long time and finally broke down and used it about 2 years later.

So good.....even used they go for a pretty penny....would be cool to have that and a muska silhouette mint on the wall....such iconic decks

Edited by piky0032

17 hours ago, permafaust said:

Thanks guys!

That Jamie Thomas deck is my favorite one I ever had. I got it in 2001ish, held off skating on it for a really long time and finally broke down and used it about 2 years later.

I used to have the JT smith board. Same color way, too. Man, that was one of my favorite boards ever. If they ever do a reissue of it I'll buy it in a heartbeat. 

22 hours ago, permafaust said:

My record room is almost done, here is an updated picture since the last time I posted anything. 
b9cea433d107021e18d0581966409816.jpg

And a photo of my rug: 
526425ca58492a6de63186ae079ccf77.jpg

And then my last project to complete but I ran out of old junk 45s
7eb94c771d4c15e55b4425bf163da99e.jpg

This looks great!

The rug is throwing me off a bit though. It's the same pattern as in the movie The Shining, which is fantastic! The left side of the pattern seems to line up perfectly on the end, but the right of the pattern is skewed and doesn't line up....what's going on there? 

20 hours ago, piky0032 said:

So good.....even used they go for a pretty penny....would be cool to have that and a muska silhouette mint on the wall....such iconic decks

Garagedayscollection on Instagram. JT has been auctioning off old shit he's had in storage all these years. Yesterday he found the Rattray pentagram, Thomas cross pair of boards. Fucking sick. 

1 hour ago, niblips said:

This looks great!

The rug is throwing me off a bit though. It's the same pattern as in the movie The Shining, which is fantastic! The left side of the pattern seems to line up perfectly on the end, but the right of the pattern is skewed and doesn't line up....what's going on there? 

Man, believe me, it drives me insane. The rug itself just was made that way, I guess who/whatever sewed it did it crooked. It was the first thing i noticed when I took it out of the package. It doesn't bother me when Im sitting here and listening though and that's all that matters to me. 

However, I would be lying if I said I wasn't looking for a new, pattern-less rug to replace it already. 

• jhulud locked this topic