Post Your Record Storage Area

4 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

Does the music sounds like it's in mono, with the speaker's being so close together?

I have that MM PoaAF box, the Pantera box, and the White Zombie box too!

No but I'm planning on getting a new receiver since the right channel on mine doesn't work for some reason. Damn I'm surprised you could see that so well, probably didn't notice the Alexisonfire box, Type O box, or Meshuggah box. -___-

• 2 weeks later...
On January 22, 2017 at 5:05 AM, slinch said:

A quick fix to get much better stereo imaging (once you get the other channel working of course)

ghDB2Oj.jpg

Sweet collection. It's unfortunate that you didn't get a bunch of "bro, you're my hero", "I wish you were my best friend" and "Sorry if this is inappropriate...but I've never felt this way about another person before...I think...I need to call off the engagement with Rachael...and figure out these feelings..." comments that I got tho.

1 hour ago, xhotandfatx said:

Why are people so bothered by variant collectors? I am one and I think it's awesome and fun to pick up each piece especially if there is a cool story to tell about it. Your collection and set up look rad. Nice job.

variant color whores...i am one of them too. so much money on the same LP

39 minutes ago, Sasan said:

Is that your Harry Potter broom?

regular cleaning broom just no closet so store it on the wall.

1 hour ago, xhotandfatx said:

Why are people so bothered by variant collectors? I am one and I think it's awesome and fun to pick up each piece especially if there is a cool story to tell about it. Your collection and set up look rad. Nice job.

Nobody is really bothered by it, I just think those of us who don't variant collect think, "wow, that money could have bought a ton of different records rather than 20 copies of the same one." That appeals more to the majority of us because we like to have a large collection of different music. To each their own though.

37 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Nobody is really bothered by it, I just think those of us who don't variant collect think, "wow, that money could have bought a ton of different records rather than 20 copies of the same one." That appeals more to the majority of us because we like to have a large collection of different music. To each their own though.

but their not really  the same if the color is different.

34 minutes ago, Sasan said:

Either you are his roommate/boyfriend/whatever or you forgot to login with your other profile...or you're creepingly answering for him

or making a joke.

I agree that I could have bought 18 different records than having 18 To The Beat Of A Dead Horse lp's but they look so awesome together. I still collect certain bands but I also buy a ton of other records outside of those collections. 

I think I started really getting into variant collecting once I saw the Against Me! collections.

21 minutes ago, xhotandfatx said:

I agree that I could have bought 18 different records than having 18 To The Beat Of A Dead Horse lp's but they look so awesome together. I still collect certain bands but I also buy a ton of other records outside of those collections. 

I think I started really getting into variant collecting once I saw the Against Me! collections.

I have multiple copies of the same title, but mine are usually a different mastering.

56 minutes ago, xhotandfatx said:

:rolleyes:

I have two two copies of Sleep's Holy Mountain because they have different masterings, but I try to keep variants to a minimum because I'd rather have a bunch of different records to listen to. Like I said, to each their own, but for me it would be silly to collect $500 or more worth of Holy Mountain when instead I can get a bunch of other records I enjoy.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

:rolleyes:

I have two two copies of Sleep's Holy Mountain because they have different masterings, but I try to keep variants to a minimum because I'd rather have a bunch of different records to listen to. Like I said, to each their own, but for me it would be silly to collect $500 or more worth of Holy Mountain when instead I can get a bunch of other records I enjoy.

Let me get one of those "Fox Confessor Brings The Flood" records you posted on IG the other day then :P

• jhulud locked this topic