Post Your Record Storage Area

I guess everyone is thinking holy shit why does he have so many copies of no heroes and other converge records. Well I got each one of those no heroes copies for 6 bucks so I said fuck it and bought them all and well obviously it's converge so I need multiple copies of something from my favorite band, though I have been slowly selling off some duplicates 

On 2/3/2017 at 0:12 PM, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

:rolleyes:

I have two two copies of Sleep's Holy Mountain because they have different masterings, but I try to keep variants to a minimum because I'd rather have a bunch of different records to listen to. Like I said, to each their own, but for me it would be silly to collect $500 or more worth of Holy Mountain when instead I can get a bunch of other records I enjoy.

I completely understand that sentiment. Sometimes I think about selling off all but one but then I think how hard it was to get some of them so I keep them. I've got around 126 pieces in my Touché collection currently and I think it's awesome.  The one thing I like about collecting bands like them and Defeater is that it's not like collecting a No Idea band where you have so many presses that are essentially the same purple/grey/putty coloring. My favorite band to collect recently has been Spirits since they do a kickass job when it comes to the love that goes into the presentation of each release. 

23 minutes ago, tug said:

i store my records in a top of the line rubbermaid container that fits records perfectly (took a long time to find one of great quality that was the perfecto size) and stacks nicely in the closet.

11844p.jpg

Tug officially a troll account. You posted your shelves a while back.

On 2/2/2017 at 4:50 PM, freezeflash said:

it's nice that you haven't (yet) received snide comments from the resident douchebags like "whats up with the duplicates" or "jesus hoarding christ" like I have.

Settle down there, turbo.  You never did explain why it was necessary to grab multiples of that Glassjaw release.  Or two sets of those fucking ridiculous TDAG masks, let alone one.  To me that looks fairly hoard-ish, but I let it go since your response was civil.

And not that anyone would expect you to know it, but a lot of folks on the board are aware that Rottengoth (and a few select others) have amassed a respectable amount of Converge variants over the years.  I knew there'd be a ton of duplicates in his photo before it finished loading, really.  But even with that being said, his collection doesn't resemble a record store's backroom of overhead stock.

7 hours ago, Holo said:

Got the Clearaudio Talismann cart on that mt10?

I've always liked the design of the mt10. How about some better pics of it?

8 hours ago, wbhendrix said:

I made a few upgrades over the weekend (mcintosh c2500 and mt10 turntable). Couldnt be happier w/ my new setup and sound!

2qvqepw.jpg

6qlf01.jpg

2n6c0mw.jpg

16jlhjp.jpg

• jhulud locked this topic