Post Your Record Storage Area

Haha the blue and white just looked familiar... Here's my storage area now, I finally picked up an expedit two weeks ago.

[image]

7 inches are in the box in the second row.

oooOOOoo. I like that. How much was that? I'm out of room for my vinyl right now. I have to expand soon and that looks perfect.

haha... I'm not trying to be a smartass, but you realize that that is the same shelf that pretty much everyone else in this thread is using, right? Pretty much everyone else's is black and a few are the larger versions, but same shelf, Ikea Expedit.

I just found it funny that you replied to that one instead of 4 pages earlier, thats all.

This shelf was built by my girlfriend's grandfather for her father. Apparently it was supposed to be for a fishtank but ended up being the perfect size for records. Also, those huge assed speakers are from the 1970's (again, her dad's) and they weigh something like 75lbs each. They look cool as hell though. Also, note the Vinyl Killer van next to the record player. Google it if you don't know what it is.

[image]

oooOOOoo. I like that. How much was that? I'm out of room for my vinyl right now. I have to expand soon and that looks perfect.

haha... I'm not trying to be a smartass, but you realize that that is the same shelf that pretty much everyone else in this thread is using, right? Pretty much everyone else's is black and a few are the larger versions, but same shelf, Ikea Expedit.

I just found it funny that you replied to that one instead of 4 pages earlier, thats all.

Yeah, I realized that, but I just found that color and shape more appealing to me.

For all those Expedit owners.. do you actually secure it to the wall with the anti-topple doohickeys like the site says to?

you dont really have to since they are pretty sturdy when they are loaded up...but here in california its a must since we have earthquakes, that shit would fall over!!!...its always a good idea to secure it

For all those Expedit owners.. do you actually secure it to the wall with the anti-topple doohickeys like the site says to?

you dont really have to since they are pretty sturdy when they are loaded up...but here in california its a must since we have earthquakes, that shit would fall over!!!...its always a good idea to secure it

I would think even if it was secured to the wall everything would fall out since there's nothing holding them in the cubby holes.

I'm too lazy now to take everything off of mine to secure it but everytime I feel a truck go by I get the hell away from the thing. It's like living with an abusive parent, never knowing when it's going to decide to hurt you.

I'm too lazy now to take everything off of mine to secure it but everytime I feel a truck go by I get the hell away from the thing. It's like living with an abusive parent, never knowing when it's going to decide to hurt you.

+1 That made me chuckle.

If I bought a smaller expedit and hung it on my wall, completely off the floor, do you guys think it would be able to support the weight of the records?

Hard to answer without knowing what you'd be mounting it to and what you'd be hanging it with. From what I hear the Expedit isn't exactly svelte on its own.

If I bought a smaller expedit and hung it on my wall, completely off the floor, do you guys think it would be able to support the weight of the records?

Hard to answer without knowing what you'd be mounting it to and what you'd be hanging it with. From what I hear the Expedit isn't exactly svelte on its own.

Well, two of the walls in my room are exterior, so they are cinder block, which I could fairly easily drill in and anchor to, my question was mainly the durability of the Expedit.

• jhulud locked this topic