Post Your Record Storage Area

I like how clean that all looks with all of the white. That being said, that's probably the worst possible location for your sub...

I agree, but due to limited space (there's a door next to that guitar) that's the only place I could put it for now. I live in a shit one bedroom (my kitchen area I built is in front of my bed kind of setup)

An ex of mine bought me the vinyl copy of Pearl Jam's Vitology for Christmas back in the early 90's when they released it.  Neither of us knowing squat about collecting, I guess he figured it was something special for me to have as a big PJ fan.  So I hung onto it and took care of it.  Probably not as well as I should have knowing what I know now. Fast forward to late February of this year when I decided to begin collecting and it was the only record I owned when I first set up.  It's not shown here but it was the first thing I played on this not-so-bad boy.

A38XIpX.jpg

Fortunately (or unfortunately?) for me this was just in time to plan for RSD15 and things escalated quickly.

qqxXltx.jpg

Learned quickly that not all cabinetry is created equal and records are farking heavy so here is the latest and greatest.  Actually it's changed a little bit.  More records (duh), and a little display stand.  Also upgrading the turntable and speakers pretty soon.  

7TLF2On.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

Anyone here use one of these?

http://www.lpbin.com/lpbinmodernblack

I also want a front facing storage but would love to hear a review of one before I buy.

I had one built for me based off the lpbin, but I've since outgrown it an switched to a kallax. It's currently sitting unused in my boiler room until I either sell it or put to use when I move into a bigger place.

So far, I haven't seen a front facing storage solution that isn't either $4,000 or looks like it belongs in a dark basement in 1982.

The German IKEA Billy hack with the bar that goes across each cubby is cool but each Billy bookcase holds like 20-25 LPs and you can only really use the bottom cubbies. Anything above shoulder height, you can't see or browse the records.

The best I could do on a shoestring budget was my crates on a bench solution and that only really works cause I don't have 5,000 records.

tumblr_inline_nrgexhlNgi1txmcaf_500.jpg

My collection is tiny compared to everyone else's, but hey, I'll get there someday right?  :P

I made this wooden box in 7th grade shop class, and never found a good usage for it so I kept it laying around. Come to find out later while packing up my stuff to move, it fits my vinyl perfectly. As everyone else says, things escalate pretty quickly, so I know I'll be growing out of this little box in no time, but for now, they fit nicely and it works out well. Easy to move around, too.

tumblr_inline_nrgexhlNgi1txmcaf_500.jpg

My collection is tiny compared to everyone else's, but hey, I'll get there someday right?  :P

I made this wooden box in 7th grade shop class, and never found a good usage for it so I kept it laying around. Come to find out later while packing up my stuff to move, it fits my vinyl perfectly. As everyone else says, things escalate pretty quickly, so I know I'll be growing out of this little box in no time, but for now, they fit nicely and it works out well. Easy to move around, too.

Dude, wait for Hot Mess and go in store. It stacks the B1G1 at the best deal for you, and you can use any 15% off coupons you have. I always walk out with a bunch of kickass albums for less than $5 a piece. I've got a lot of what I want out of it, but you'll have a field day if you like anything that HT has ever pressed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I love reading this thread. I have a nice storage case I've bought from a local store but in two years I've outgrown it. Does anyone have experience with the new Nornas series from Ikea? Specifically this:

tO3O4LW.jpg

My space isn't wide enough for a 4x4 Kallax, so I was pretty happy to see this 1x3 Nornas, I especially like the natural finish so I can stain it however I want, and I like that it has a backing so you won't see cables behind it. What I'd like to do is stack a few, two to start with but eventually probably three, on top of each other ...obviously, with feet only on the bottom one! Do you think it'd be sturdy enough? With the back panel I don't think I'd be able to use wall mounted braces. 

Hey guys, I love reading this thread. I have a nice storage case I've bought from a local store but in two years I've outgrown it. Does anyone have experience with the new Nornas series from Ikea? Specifically this:

tO3O4LW.jpg

My space isn't wide enough for a 4x4 Kallax, so I was pretty happy to see this 1x3 Nornas, I especially like the natural finish so I can stain it however I want, and I like that it has a backing so you won't see cables behind it. What I'd like to do is stack a few, two to start with but eventually probably three, on top of each other ...obviously, with feet only on the bottom one! Do you think it'd be sturdy enough? With the back panel I don't think I'd be able to use wall mounted braces.

If you're planning on stacking them....why not go ahead and purchase the 4x2s that are already set up vertically. I have two of them side by side (making a make-shift 4x4) and on another wall a 2x4 instead of the 1x3 and even loaded down they feel substantionally more sturdy than an Expedit/Kallax, unfortunately, I know nothing about how they'd be stacked on top of each other weighed down....seems like they'd be fine since it's real wood for the base and the shelves.

nice Bright Eyes poster.

Thanks!

I really like that DC print. Where'd you get it from?

Also, high five for From Hell. I've had it forever and haven't even read it yet! I really need to get on that after I finished reading Grand Morrison's Animal Man omnibus.

Kevin Maguire actually! I met him at Special Edition he sells beautiful prints of his work for really great prices ($20) and signs them for free

Yesss, I really love the art in From Hell but I haven't cracked it yet. I'm reading Bacchus by Eddie Campbell currently. Grant Morrison's Animal Man is so fantastic; I hope you enjoy it. The omnibus is actually on the other shelf, it's a really great deal.

• jhulud locked this topic