impact

Post Your Record Storage Area

5,617 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Holo said:

Got the Clearaudio Talismann cart on that mt10?

I've always liked the design of the mt10. How about some better pics of it?

8 hours ago, wbhendrix said:

I made a few upgrades over the weekend (mcintosh c2500 and mt10 turntable). Couldnt be happier w/ my new setup and sound!

2qvqepw.jpg

6qlf01.jpg

2n6c0mw.jpg

16jlhjp.jpg

1 hour ago, vinyl addict said:

Got the Clearaudio Talismann cart on that mt10?

I've always liked the design of the mt10. How about some better pics of it?

Yeah I'm loving the mt10 right now. The talismann cart actually exceeded my expectations thus far. I'll post some more pics when I get home tonight! 

vinyl addict likes this

On 2/15/2017 at 7:12 PM, wbhendrix said:

I made a few upgrades over the weekend (mcintosh c2500 and mt10 turntable). Couldnt be happier w/ my new setup and sound!

2qvqepw.jpg

6qlf01.jpg

2n6c0mw.jpg

16jlhjp.jpg

Super sexy set-up, gotta love that McIntosh gear, listened to some in store while in Australia recently and it sounded sublime...

On 1/18/2017 at 0:08 AM, Derek™ said:

Really curious, too, not that it's any of my business.  Collecting variants is one thing, but that shelf reminds me of the clearance section at a record store where they have 20 copies of the albums nobody wants.  Would love to see their Deadformat or Discogs.

That bullshit Glassjaw release, in triplicate, is a nice addition at the top as well.  And not one but two of those janky Devil & God masks?  I think I found my new favorite member.  Jesus hoarding Christ.

To be fair I know those masks aren't duplicates cuz I have the same ones. It's each mask from that album in seperate boxes.

1 hour ago, Rottengoth said:

To be fair I know those masks aren't duplicates cuz I have the same ones. It's each mask from that album in seperate boxes.

Damn, I stand corrected.  I take the fault on that one – I really, truly thought they'd be bundled considering the price of them.  But I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  If they're not sold out by now, I'm sure their value on the aftermarket will soar because Brand New.

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Damn, I stand corrected.  I take the fault on that one – I really, truly thought they'd be bundled considering the price of them.  But I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  If they're not sold out by now, I'm sure their value on the aftermarket will soar because Brand New.

I'll never understand the ridiculous obsession some people have with that band. They're just not that good.

7 hours ago, vinyl addict said:
7 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

They're just not that good.

Went to the co-headlining tour to see Modest Mouse "open" for them and after about three songs of 'meh' we left.  

On 2/17/2017 at 8:56 PM, Derek™ said:

I mostly bought it because it was like 30 for a regular shirt and 40 for the two masks that came with a glow in the dark shirt and some other things. Also because I'm a huge horror movie fan as well and they remind me of Halloween 3

On 2/3/2017 at 7:51 AM, vinyl addict said:

A couple pics of my storage area.

These two Kallax hold "A -Pe"

IMG_20170203_084435_zpsmo3iuuw5.jpg

...And these two have "Pi - Z" and the 7"s and 10"s

IMG_20170203_084304_zps0hchpsia.jpg

For real...how tall are you?  I'm assuming you're using step stool or something.

1 hour ago, steviex2shoes said:

For real...how tall are you?  I'm assuming you're using step stool or something.

Haha, nah. I'm 6' tall, and have 8' ceilings (I think). I can easily reach the stuff in the top rows. My wife is 5' 5" and can reach everything fine too. Takes up less valuable real estate.

sethdavid likes this

so the 2x4" is like what 5 ft then?

I'm interested in doing the 2x4" with the shelf for the record player now that I see how you have it set up.  Just trying to figure out if I have to move any of the artwork I have hanging around.

Edited by steviex2shoes

The 2x4 is 30"x58" tall. The shelf the turntable sits on is 43". It's perfect height for me to use the turntable. I just place the dust cover over it when I'm not using it, because it won't go up high enough to stay up while it's in the shelf area.

You can always do this too, this is how I used to have it. This way you can keep the dustcover on, if that's your thing.

20150305_133546_zpsx0wfibpm.jpg

20150305_133611_zpsedkxi7wp.jpg

sethdavid likes this

I realize it's not a great setup by any stretch  but my SO and I just moved to a new apartment and I'm really happy to have it all set up again. Please ignore the fact that our collection is around 500 records and we still have an AT-LP60. :D We will be upgrading soon. 

20170314_231239.jpg

DC1221, texan4life and richardsurf like this