impact

Post Your Record Storage Area

my friend moved into an apartment and the guy who lived there before left an expedit there. so i took it apart and brought it home so i could bring the distro back to my place and set it up.

i stole the idea from another board to use LP mailers to block up the back and keep all the records nicely lined up. i keep all the extra duplicates of the records in bins in the closet, and keep up to about 5 copies in the expedit for easy access.

i wish they made a mini one for the 7 inches, cause those are all just in bins, but i want a better solution for that.

[image]

[image]

I just rearranged mine. The 12 inches used to be on top, but it looked like it was going to collapse so I moved them to the bottom. This set-up is only temporary until I can go out and get a bookshelf/order an Expedit. I constantly worry about my records too, like before I put the ps2 box there I was worried I'd bend them by angling them and sometimes they'd fall because I would not angle them enough.

hey bro, i have the same wire units for my lps, but i took zip ties and connected all the units together. it doesn't move or sway. nothing. and they are also anchored into the wall w/hooks. i'll post the collection soon so you can see what i did

The thing about IKEA furniture is those damn locking mechanism things. The heads of the things snap too easy, so everything I buy from IKEA is always a bit loose. Granted when I buy my expedit, I won't be using the power drill, but rather taking my time, making sure I don't fuck it up.

Thanks, I actually have doubles of all except the storm trooper. I have doubles to eventually bundle and post on eBay in order to hopefully pay for the set I'm keeping. I'm still waiting for the second wave to come out w/C3PO, etc. Oh, another thing... there's two versions of Vader out there. One is darker and has two pupil glares instead of one.