Sleepmakeswaves - Love of Cartography (vinyl available via AUS shipping)

$leepmake$wave$.

LOL

Go with this.

As long as this gets posted on Spotify I'll

check it out then. Not shelling out huge $$ for this. I even unloaded my other SMW album just because I never really had the desire to listen to it. If they do a US tour & come my way, I'd go in a heartbeat & hope to pick up the album then.

Too many other good instrumental bands out there I'd much prefer to spend my money on though right now.

so they raised roughly $27,723.58 USD and are charging $15 for a 10 song digital download?

This is how things are in Australia

Z89PUjL.jpgKORzs5v.jpgDfzat1w.jpgetc

Sucks that it is bad for international markets, and it's bad here too. Still the cheapest option though because CDs are usually $20 and records are $35+

Wow. I guess that puts some perspective on it.

I will admit the cover art is pretty cool.

Song is up on their Bandcamp page as well. About as bland of a song as I've heard lately. But maybe that's not fair considering I'm just listening to it on my crappy Iphone speaker. A proper listen is probably in order before really judging it.

sleepmakeswaves.bandcamp.com

To be fair, I've got a friend who works a pretty tame job in Australia, and he makes bank in comparison to our wages. The cost of living and general expenses are just way higher over there.

Truth. My buddy who works for the equivalent of a time Warner cable installer makes $55/hr. Plus the aussies get a mandatory 4 week holiday after 90 days. I get 2 weeks after three years...

Truth. My buddy who works for the equivalent of a time Warner cable installer makes $55/hr. Plus the aussies get a mandatory 4 week holiday after 90 days. I get 2 weeks after three years...

Not even close.

After 90 days you get paid sick leave. And a year of work earns you 4 weeks paid holiday per year. It's accrued not just given to you after 90 days.

Sure, we do earn a lot more in dollar terms. But as someone said our cost of living is much higher.

Example, my house is $790 per week rent. Shits fucked

Try coming to NYC and paying anywhere from $9-16 for a typical craft draught or bottle in a restaurant/bar when you can go next door to the bodega and pick up a six of the same for $15.

Hurts.

Live in a neighborhood with lots of bodegas and few bars. Watch the rent go WAY down. ;)