2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

I got to banquet at around 6.30 and can only guess I was between 150th and 200th in line. Didn't get into the shop until 10:30. Was a bit gutting slowly watching them sell out on the twitter feed of 90% of what I wanted.

I was going to pop down there later in the day as the stuff I got last year was in stock for days, but they posted at about eleven they had no anamanaguchi my day was ruined. I went to a couple of stores but came home with nothing I had a pour day.

I've been having back trouble lately. My brother was nice enough to wait in line at the braintree newbury comics for me. He was able to get me the ghostbusters 10". I was feeling a little better so I made it down to the norwood newbury around 1-2 pm. I walked in and saw they had one copy left of the rot in hell lp and the integrity/vegas split; so I snagged those. The only records that I wanted, but didn't get, were the strife lp and ghoul - hang 10.

Got to My Mind's Eye around 6:20 this morning with about 15 people in front of me. Ended up getting:

Scott Pilgrim video game OST

Ghostbusters

SDRE/Circa split

Cults live

Surfer Blood demos

Fun demos

Paramore

Miss 45 soundtrack

A Fleet Foxes record

Went to a bunch of Exchanges later, and got the Chiodos 7" from Coventry. Almost jumped on the Slipknot record but couldn't bring myself to pay for it. Very, very pleased with today - surprised actually. I expected to only get half or less of what I got at MMI.

Coventry had a Paramore left if anyone is looking to get that in the Cleveland area.

I was able to pick up Pinback and Built to Spill.

I guess my record store was sent some of the green Built to Spill records that were meant for the Pacific Northwest so I got #275/5000 on green in Albuquerque, New Mexico! I was pretty excited about that.

Where did you go? I'm in Albuquerque too, and I figured that apart from Hasting's, my only other option was Charley's, which never has anything I want.

Where did you go? I'm in Albuquerque too, and I figured that apart from Hasting's, my only other option was Charley's, which never has anything I want.

Charley's. They had quite a bit. I was 50th in line and I was still able to get the 2 albums that I wanted but a lot of the other stuff was already sold out by that time.

...had a killer day.  showed up way too early.  was there first.  the next three people that showed up were our usual line group, so the morning moved quickly.  got almost everything i wanted and more.  damn good day.  hope everyone else had one as well.

- In Utero Tribute

- Scott Pilgrim

- Wizard Of Oz

- Muppet Movie

- Paranorman

- Farcry 3

- David Lynch

- Johnny Cash

- Green Day

- Slipknot

- Between The Buried And Me

- Integrity 2xlp

- Pixies

- Jimmy Page & Black Crowes

- Tim Timebomb & Friends

- Pinback

- Mystery Side By Side 7"

Non RSD:

- The Raid Soundtrack(sealed.  pulled a smoke variant)

- Jack White and Bricks : Live On The Garden Bowl Lanes (sealed)

- White Stripes : Live At The Gold Dollar (sealed)

Was told by this member that she'd sell me the Outkast if my offer was better than one she had already received. Fucking laughable.

I have been told this by multiple people on the thread today while searching for purchases that I missed out on - so why can other people on the board do it and I can't? I only think it's fair that I do the same so I can afford other things that people are selling way above cost on the board. It's not like I am asking for ebay prices.

I have been told this by multiple people on the thread today while searching for purchases that I missed out on - so why can other people on the board do it and I can't? I only think it's fair that I do the same so I can afford other things that people are selling way above cost on the board. It's not like I am asking for ebay prices.

You just offered to sell me In Utero ($25 at the store today) for $45. That's not nice, and I know I'm a relatively new member but that doesn't seem to be the way things are done around here. We're trying to get everyone the things they really want and weren't able to get, we're not trying to make a profit. If I wanted a %180 markup I'd go to Discogs.

It's pretty weak to begin with but looks even worse when the thread is swarmed with generous people selling things at cost plus shipping to help out others that couldn't get what they wanted today. I just bought BTBAM from an awesome member (Spaghetti) for $28 shipped. It was $23 at the store. And it's on eBay for $85-$120. He could've taken that route.

I never expected flipping to go on here, of all places. I was lucky enough to score the one thing I really wanted because someone on here decided that they didn't need to fuck everyone over and mark it up. You'd think that as a community, we'd be looking out for each other, so if you're going to mark records up, find some idiot on eBay who is willing to pay what you want and not what it costs.