2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

I dunno, I feel like since they named the others after planets they shouldn't have cut out Mars & Mercury. Pluto on the other hand...

EDIT: I still have a copy of the 12" if anyone is interested. I'm just looking for cost+shipping or an even trade for Sam Cooke's Ain't This Good News. That ish sold out right before I could get to it. I'm pretty sure the people in front of me bought it just so I couldn't :(

Ugh, spent like five hours trying to find the NW BtS album around town with no luck. I'm a fucking idiot for even waking up early this morning to wait in line. I bought everything else I need online so i could spend more time searching for BtS.

Ugh, spent like five hours trying to find the NW BtS album around town with no luck. I'm a fucking idiot for even waking up early this morning to wait in line. I bought everything else I need online so i could spend more time searching for BtS.

Apparently that got messed up since I saw someone on here found a copy in New Mexico.

Apparently that got messed up since I saw someone on here found a copy in New Mexico.

The fuck?!??!? God damnit! I know it's stupid and I am being a baby but that honestly pisses me off.

I went to Music Millennium in Portland at about 5 this afternoon. I was amazed at what was still available, i got:

The Everly Brothers - Roots

Man Man - The Man in a Blue Turban with a Face

Notorious BIG - Life After Death

Childish Gambino - Because the Internet

Surfer Blood - Pythons (Demos)

I also picked up "Humbug" by the Arctic Monkeys. All in all, a good day. 

Had an excellent day! Hit 7 stores by noonish, all were busy, some too hectic for good shopping. There's even two new record stores we stopped by, good to see places still popping up - Agharta in St. Paul was especially robust and I picked up an excellent Torche lp there. I missed out on the Songs:Ohia box which I'd have really loved to have picked up. Purchased:

Velvet Underground - Loaded (pink splatter), Nothing - Guilty Of Everything (2nd press w/ alternate cover), True Widow - Yellow-Cream press, Torche - S/T, swamp green tri-color, Broadcast - Berberian Sound Studio OST, A Minor Forest - Flemish Altruisism/InIndependence remaster/release, Dinosaur Jr. 7" box

This was my first RSD in about five years, my first one in LA, and my first time meeting up with people hours before the shop opened to wait in line. I got everything I went out for all from one store, what an awesome experience.

You hit up Fingerprints right? Wish I woulda gone there.

Well I haven't actually been able to participate in RSD since I've been a collector because my location is pretty terrible but I did manage to get all that I wanted online. Trust me, I would rather have supported some local stores than go online but I don't have that luxury. Anyway! I snagged the following:

Thanks to TheSaint for these three

DCFC - Live 2012

Dads - Women EP

Linkin Park/Jay Z

Paranorman

Circa/SDR Split

Childish Gambino - Because the Internet

Crosses - 1

Crosses - 2 

Crosses - 3

MGMT - Oracular Spectacular

I also got some killer deals on a few "unsanctioned" RSD items

Of Us Giants - Nova Scotia (RSD Exclusive White /10 and Red /10

Rookie of the Year - The Goodnight Moon  $5!

This Will Destroy You - Live 3xlp  $19!

Also, the Crosses, MGMT and Paranorman were from a site called Saki that was mentioned in the Circa/SDR thread and my card got charged but I never got any confirmation emails so those may be up in the air. The good news is I did find another copy of Paranorman (just to be sure) from Norman Records in the UK and it was $57 shipped. So if the Saki order does go through I'll have an extra Paranorman for cost+shipping but I won't know until sometime next week probably.