2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

Ugh, spent like five hours trying to find the NW BtS album around town with no luck. I'm a fucking idiot for even waking up early this morning to wait in line. I bought everything else I need online so i could spend more time searching for BtS.

My store probably had six or so green copies. I grabbed one for Shelbs but I'm heading back on Monday to see what's left, so I'll keep an eye out for you if you want.

Hi-Voltage in Tacoma. I was probably 20th in line and got everything I came for except for the Doors, which never arrived. Tried to get into Easy Street about 1pm but I couldn't find any parking at all. What a shit show!

I decided to try Singles Going Steady and didn't find any RSD stuff, but I did get Operation Ivy - Live at Gilman '88 on CD. Guy behind the counter was at that show.

How about you?

Hi-Voltage in Tacoma. I was probably 20th in line and got everything I came for except for the Doors, which never arrived. Tried to get into Easy Street about 1pm but I couldn't find any parking at all. What a shit show!

I decided to try Singles Going Steady and didn't find any RSD stuff, but I did get Operation Ivy - Live at Gilman '88 on CD. Guy behind the counter was at that show.

How about you?

I actually skipped the stores this year, I didn't feel like I was going to make it to any of them early enough.  I don't know if Singles ever participates in RSD.  I haven't been to that Easy St, but I used to go to the one that closed on RSD and it was usually packed.

I don't think that Singles Going Steady does because they definitely don't get the right crowd. I heard the guy talking about this year's OFF 7" so maybe that was all they ordered.. not sure.

Lucky you getting to sleep in! I never went to the downtown Easy Street, but I do like the West Seattle shop. It still looked pretty packed when I was trying to park.

Well I haven't actually been able to participate in RSD since I've been a collector because my location is pretty terrible but I did manage to get all that I wanted online. Trust me, I would rather have supported some local stores than go online but I don't have that luxury. Anyway! I snagged the following:

Thanks to TheSaint for these three

DCFC - Live 2012

Dads - Women EP

Linkin Park/Jay Z

Paranorman

Circa/SDR Split

Childish Gambino - Because the Internet

Crosses - 1

Crosses - 2 

Crosses - 3

MGMT - Oracular Spectacular

I also got some killer deals on a few "unsanctioned" RSD items

Of Us Giants - Nova Scotia (RSD Exclusive White /10 and Red /10

Rookie of the Year - The Goodnight Moon  $5!

This Will Destroy You - Live 3xlp  $19!

Also, the Crosses, MGMT and Paranorman were from a site called Saki that was mentioned in the Circa/SDR thread and my card got charged but I never got any confirmation emails so those may be up in the air. The good news is I did find another copy of Paranorman (just to be sure) from Norman Records in the UK and it was $57 shipped. So if the Saki order does go through I'll have an extra Paranorman for cost+shipping but I won't know until sometime next week probably.

huge thanks for the paranorman tip.

did anybody else get the Tame Impala live lp? i noticed that my copy's a-side sounds somewhat distorted and looks to be pressed off-center... i wonder if they're all like that or if i just got a bad copy. already contacted the band, let's see how this will work out.

It'd probably be best to contact Modular People

http://www.modularpeople.com/contact/

I'm not sure if this was covered already. I've been following the thread and didn't see anyone mention it -- Ghostbusters was on the 'first release' list so is there any confirmation that this is going to have another run at some point?

Yes there is, it's on the list to be released to other retailers in the future

I'm not sure if this was covered already. I've been following the thread and didn't see anyone mention it -- Ghostbusters was on the 'first release' list so is there any confirmation that this is going to have another run at some point?

A lot of those 'RSD First Releases' are released later as a more standard variant.  So, the next pressing might be on black instead of 'glow in the dark' vinyl.

A friend of mine said that the stores in Toronto did not recieve the Dinosaur Jr. 7"box, and I have not seen anyone talking about it on here. Was it delayed?

My store had about 2-3 but i work today and im not sure theyre open today. They only opened for rsd and have been looking for a new place