2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

Norman Records has had that pre order open for a few days now. I'm surprised it hasn't sold out yet. I'm worried that it might just be a pre order for the standard edition.

You had me worried for a second but I went back and checked the description and this is what it said: "US RSD title. We will have a few copies coming in slightly later than the RSD date. Exclusive RSD packaging, limited to 500 copies with 3 different Glow in the Dark variations. Appears clear in daylight, glow RED, BLUE or GREEN in the dark."

It sounds like a pretty solid thing so I don't think I'm going to cancel the order.

All I got for Record Store Day was an injury, hahaha.

I went to a local shop here in St. Petersburg called Planet Retro Gallery....I was looking at some of the records along one of the walls, and out of no where, one of their sound system speakers that was on a small shelf right above where I was browsing fell right on my head.  I have quite the bump to show for that one.  Ouch!  Haha.

All I got for Record Store Day was an injury, hahaha.

I went to a local shop here in St. Petersburg called Planet Retro Gallery....I was looking at some of the records along one of the walls, and out of no where, one of their sound system speakers that was on a small shelf right above where I was browsing fell right on my head. I have quite the bump to show for that one. Ouch! Haha.

Sue! For all the rekkidz!

Bull Moose came through and was able to order the School of Seven Bells and CHVRCHES records this morning! Although I am a bit bummed - finally got to put my Cake records on the TT and the label on Prolonging the Magic has bubbles and causes the record to spin with some wobbles. Still plays and sounds good, just looks awful spinning. Bull Moose obviously didn't have extras to replace it - should I try contacting the band or label? Maybe wait to see if the band posts more on their site? 

My haul from Freakbeat Records in LA

30c10cw.jpg

I went to Freakbeat on my way home from Fingerprints, which opened at 6am. I got there at 7:30 and waited in line for a half hour thinking it opened at 8. I already had gotten everything I wanted at Fingerprints but thought I would stop by to see if I could help andrewlucas get the Paranorman and Circa split variants he was looking for. After waiting a half hour, I found out that it wasn't opening for three more hours lol. I already had my three hour waiting lone for the day so I left lol. I only found out about this shop a few days ago, I'm going to have to check it out sometime this week!

I went to Freakbeat on my way home from Fingerprints, which opened at 6am. I got there at 7:30 and waited in line for a half hour thinking it opened at 8. I already had gotten everything I wanted at Fingerprints but thought I would stop by to see if I could help andrewlucas get the Paranorman and Circa split variants he was looking for. After waiting a half hour, I found out that it wasn't opening for three more hours lol. I already had my three hour waiting lone for the day so I left lol. I only found out about this shop a few days ago, I'm going to have to check it out sometime this week!

well i was 7th in line sitting in a chair so you probably saw me

My store probably had six or so green copies. I grabbed one for Shelbs but I'm heading back on Monday to see what's left, so I'll keep an eye out for you if you want.

I would be in your debt for eternity if you could find a copy of that. Don't go out of your way or anything, but I will give you some extra money if you get it. Either way, the thought is appreciated.