2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

Interesting. As awesome as it is that more people will be able to get this, it kind of seems like a bummer for those who stayed in line for hours just so they wouldn't miss it, and it's kind of a big middle finger with the price drop too.

I wonder how limited this is? I'm going to be pissed if it's not super limited. I didn't camp out all night for nothing.

Cake is about the last band I can think of that would want to support or embrace what Record Store Day has turned into the last several years.

Interesting. As awesome as it is that more people will be able to get this, it kind of seems like a bummer for those who stayed in line for hours just so they wouldn't miss it, and it's kind of a big middle finger with the price drop too.

Why? It's fucking Cake man not a band from an Indie label. Who knows maybe they won't be colored records?

I wonder how limited this is? I'm going to be pissed if it's not super limited. I didn't camp out all night for nothing.

Sp do you only want it if nobody else can have it? This seems like a really messed up way of thinking to me. I hope you are happy with the albums you picked up and enjoying them, but don't see why you wouldn't want others to get the same from it too. Or are you just camping out to make a profit from the people who want that enjoyment from the music?

Edit: To me this shows the mindset that is creating everything that is currently broken about RSD.

Sp do you only want it if nobody else can have it? This seems like a really messed up way of thinking to me. I hope you are happy with the albums you picked up and enjoying them, but don't see why you wouldn't want others to get the same from it too. Or are you just camping out to make a profit from the people who want that enjoyment from the music?

Edit: To me this shows the mindset that is creating everything that is currently broken about RSD.

I'm pissed because they said the only time to get this was on RSD. I waited in line for 9+ hours just to barely get this. Also I paid more for it. If I knew it'd be online for cheaper I obviously would've waited.

There's certainly merit to his complaint. If you were under the impression that the record was limited and camped out/drove far/ battled crowds to get that record, its pretty lame to learn you could have stayed home and bought it online a few days later.