2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

I'm so sick of RSD. A lot of this is attributable to the fact that the stores I go to set themselves up for it in the absolute worst possible way. Putting all of the RSD records into a couple of bins where at most 3 people can actually see them and then there's a sea of 50-100 people behind them elbowing each other for a half hour is infuriating.I've been in violent mosh pits that were more enjoyable.

I'm so sick of RSD because my city(country) dont have any good record shops(that have any RSD releases(or at least not mainstream stuff)) and I cant buy any record released that day(for cheap of cource)...so don't complain)

I'm so sick of RSD. A lot of this is attributable to the fact that the stores I go to set themselves up for it in the absolute worst possible way. Putting all of the RSD records into a couple of bins where at most 3 people can actually see them and then there's a sea of 50-100 people behind them elbowing each other for a half hour is infuriating. I've been in violent mosh pits that were more enjoyable.

Exactly how mine is. I generally just e-mail and have them put aside what I want, I'm very happy that they let me do that. 

Hydra Head has released their enigmatic plans.

One title is a repress + new bonus 12",

one title is a first time pressing by us (previously pressed only in Europe),

and one title is a first time pressing on vinyl ever.

And not one title will be reasonably priced

Hydra Head has released their enigmatic plans.

One title is a repress + new bonus 12",

one title is a first time pressing by us (previously pressed only in Europe),

and one title is a first time pressing on vinyl ever.

After the email and test pressing sale, my guesses are:

Cave In - Jupiter

Botch - Unifying Themes Redux

Khlyst - Chaos Is My Name

Jupiter will be good since it needs a rerelease, I already have the Euro version of Botch, and Khlyst is just an odd pick. I'm sure prices will be like usual, which by this point so many other labels are charging the same or over what people have complained about what HH has been charging for years. Time to find the other horses to beat.

I just wish RSD wasn't such a mad dash for stuff. I don't know how else you do it, it's not the store's fault. People have always been prety cool when I've gone. It's always good to strike up a conversation with those in front of you and make friends. I've done that and had people snag stuff for me they knew I was looking for.