• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Um....prepare for awesome.   Lego Batman Tumbler....can be bought at SDCC this week, but will hit stores in September:

Lego Ultimate Collector's Series Batman Tumbler, a 1,869-piece vehicle built to minifig scale. That means it's huge: 15 by 9 inches long, with a gorgeous interior cockpit. It'll come with Dark Knight Batman and Joker (the Heath Ledger version) minifigs for $200

Pics:

qmrets8jkv4v6mlnvnyx.jpg

cxzkjb11oa1iztnj2mnn.jpgsvrmpocooiylpia8jptu.jpgq2tjc7gm5gybywesrtij.jpgtvharsh4nc9c0cnphnj7.jpgior5clc1qd1bbjjusz8i.jpg

so my 3 year olds are upgrading from duplos this year and i was wondering if it is worth it to buy these sets or just get them starter sets?  i mean they won't have any concept of building them and when they do i'm sure we will be missing a bunch of pc's. 

at the same time the collector in me wants to get these sets and hold onto them.   or i could say they are for the girls and build myself since i never did as a kid.

so my 3 year olds are upgrading from duplos this year and i was wondering if it is worth it to buy these sets or just get them starter sets?  i mean they won't have any concept of building them and when they do i'm sure we will be missing a bunch of pc's. 

at the same time the collector in me wants to get these sets and hold onto them.   or i could say they are for the girls and build myself since i never did as a kid.

I would suggest Pley.com.  Think of it like Netflix for Lego's.  You can get a different set each month.  They send you all the pieces and you can put together the sets that interest you or your 3 year olds and not have to shell out the $$$ at the Lego store each time.  In addition, you can lose pieces too and not worry about being charged and stuck with a complete set.  But check it out.

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered the Tumbler!!!! I didn't have a registered VIP account for the early access PO, so I called and the rep hooked me up--got the VIP account all set up and she placed the order for me. really blew me away how great the customer service was. anyway, $200 later, I CANNOT WAIT. should ship mid week. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a fresh stash of stuff from my friend and for the first time got a set for me: Back to the Future Delorean.

This is an awesome build gang and word is it will be discontinued by Christmas. At 35bux (less w a discount) you can't go wrong. Promise.

I also got the Star Wars advent calendar for my boy as part of this load. Santa Darth Vader lives up to the hype.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been splurging lately. Daughter got a lot of Duplo sets for xmas, a lego small fire truck and the creator cat/mouse. When we went to look what else is new at TRU we saw a airport/crash fire truck (I am a City FF now, used to work at Detroit Metro Airport as a crash FF so that was neat) Then we decided to check the lego store. I got a exo suit which was awesome, and wife insisted on getting one of the last Simpson houses. In which she has already put together. Now were looking at the modulars and would love the older fire brigade but stupid money...... May just have to pick a brick that one......