WHIRR / NOTHING 12" Split from RFC NOW!

jhulud

DEE275B0-35FB-440E-83AC-71FF20861A4D.jpg

The mere thought of these two bands on a split release melts my brain. Yeah, I'm pumped.

(Teaser pic was posted on the Death Of Lovers thread a week or so ago. Why not its own thread?)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/9 - Up now @ RFC

Release Information
The long-anticipated split by WHIRR and NOTHING is in no way a let down to anyone that’s been waiting for it. The two new songs from each band are perfected with the expertise of veteran producer Will Yip. Whirr’s signature atmospheric haze enthralls more than ever in what seems like a nine-minute dream. Their masterful control of soundscapes is matched only by an intensity that their shoegazing predecessors could only wish to achieve. Nothing’s contribution is a full-on aural assault: the two songs are aggressive, yet harmonious.The ongoing blown-out barrage lulls with only brief periods of quiet melody that hit like armistices. Yet, the songs are harshly beautiful in a way that perfectly captures the Philadelphia band’s definition of reality.

The split 12" comes with an etched b-side as well as a full-length Whirr/Nothing 'In The Studio' documentary DVD.

Vinyl Pressing Information
500 180g Black
1000 Pink
1000 Baby Blue
1000 Cream/Green Marble
1500 Green/Baby Blue/Yellow Starburst

Deluxe Package Includes:
• Whirr / Nothing - Split 12" Ep (180 gram black vinyl / 500)
• Whirr / Nothing - 'In The Studio' DVD
• Whirr / Nothing - Nirvana T-shirt
• Whirr - Swirl 46" x 46" flag
• Nothing - Logo 46" x 46" flag

http://www.runforcoverstore.com/index.php/artists/whirr/whirr-nothing-nirvana-long-sleeve-shirt-2205.html

Regular single 12"

http://www.runforcoverstore.com/index.php/artists/whirr/whirr-nothing-split-12-ep.html

The mere thought of these two bands on a split release melts my brain. Yeah, I'm pumped.

(Teaser pic was posted on the Death Of Lovers thread a week or so ago. Why not its own thread?)

Thank you for getting a thread going here! I didn't feel comfortable doing it - there's already a lot of fuel and energy in anticipation of this.

Marketing strategists at work. They have figured us out. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...