PO: Slint - Spiderland Box Set

http://slintbox.touchandgorecords.com/

• Hand numbered limited edition of 3,138 copies.
  • Spiderland, remastered from the original analog master tapes by Bob Weston and pressed on 180 gram vinyl
  • Fourteen previously unreleased outtakes & demos personally selected by Slint, mastered by Bob Weston, and pressed on two 180 gram vinyl albums
  • 104 page book with over 100 never-before-seen photos documenting Slint's entire history, as well as lyrics to the songs on Spiderland, and a forward by Will Oldham
  • Remastered Spiderland on one CD, and the 14 bonus songs on a second CD
  • Breadcrumb Trail, a brand new, never-before-seen, 90 minute DVD documentary about Slint and the making of Spiderland; directed by Lance Bangs
  • Packaging concept and design by Louisville native Jeremy deVine (of Temporary Residence fame)
  • Pre-order the Spiderland Box Set before March 8, 2014 and receive a free T-Shirt created from the recently discovered silk screen Slint used to hand print their one & only 1989 tour T-shirt. These shirts will only be available with box set pre-orders on this site. They will not be sold separately or in stores.
  • There is a limited quantity of box sets signed by all four Slint members. These signed box sets are only available from this Touch and Go Records pre-order web page
  • All packaging printed in the USA at Stoughton, including heavyweight, "tip-on" gatefold LP jackets
  • All three albums pressed at RTI in the USA on 180 gram vinyl

Looks like 150 bucks per box to start.

cheapest shipping option is $20.49 for UPS Ground, so this is really like $170 ppd

Spiderland is one of my all time faves but goddamn that's pricey

Overseas is $60 I think.

limited edition of 3,138 copies

The word limited means nothing these days

This was my very thought when I first saw the announcement.

I tried. I even went to the checkout screen. This album is legendary and the box looks incredible. But the only real way for me to clearly let them know that "this is overpriced" is to not buy it. So I won't.

The first Unwound número box is $40. It doesn't include a DVD, signatures, or a "free" limited T, but those things aren't worth $110. Shame.

I am going to buy this and feel no shame. It helps that my birthday is around the release date. I have been waiting for this for quite a while. I'm enough of a Slint fanboy for the bonus songs to be enticing.

Like, put this into perspective. The Third Eye Blind box was, for $100 more, 3 more LPs, a 10" EP, and hand numbered out of 500. The value of this box for a T-Shirt and some CDs (seriously, no one wants CDs) in addition to the record isn't quite there.

But Slint don't suck and actually deserve money. No major label record deals for them. I would rather burn my money than give it to Stephan Jenkins.

Man. If I followed VC logic and shit, I'd feel shitty for actually liking this set and really wanting to get it.

:P

We are all against Juan - the ultimate Underdog! 

Seriously, Numero should pretty much do all archival boxes at this point. I would really really like this but $150 for a slightly different version of something I own isn't doable. Feel pity for me now. 

I'd buy an LP/DVD combo or CD/DVD combo but can't afford to drop $200 on this.

same.

i was very excited with this. and reading through was pumped on everything. but just another case of the price not really justifying whats included. at least not for me at the pay i make. haha. i wish i could buy it though. cause i love slint. I really want to see that DVD.